+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arrogant People.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Watching the European Athletics Championships this morning and after his heat win the interviewer spoke to our own Mark Hudson-Smith.

This tool refused to make eye contact with her during the interview and was looking anywhere other than at the lady interviewing.

At the end of the interview she wished him well for the next round and he just blanked her and walked away.

When a helper offered him a drink after the race he just grabbed it and didn’t offer a thanks.

F u c k sake, who do some people think they are!!?

I loath this type of behaviour.

You see it a lot in after match interviews on SKY, two players together being spoken to who can’t be a r s e d and then one getting the man of the match award and can’t even manage a thank you.

It just makes my p I s s boil, nobody on the planet is exempt from pleases and thank yous and looking people in the eye when in discussion with them.

Hudson-Smith is nobody in world terms in his event so f u c k knows why he thinks he can act this way!!?
    Its entirely possible he could be on the autism spectrum. In the last 20 years, they figured out that there are lot of people who are on the autism spectrum who are quite intelligent and actually function very well and nobody knows (often not even them) that they are on the spectrum but then they occasionally do or say something that seems extremely arrogant, rude or dismissive even though they don't intend to be that way. When they are confronted with what they did, they are often bewildered because they have no clue that they were being rude. (Think Doc Martin - classic high functioning autistic) Awkwardness with eye contact is huge indicator. Awkwardness in social situations is another. That awkwardness can sometimes be trained out of an autistic, but reading that account made me immediately think he may be autistic. Suffice it to say, its probably not a great idea for someone on the spectrum to be doing on the spot interviews for a living - its likely not going to end well.
    So either he's autistic or he's a total pratt! (or both!)

Quote Originally Posted by Calgarybaggy View Post
    Its entirely possible he could be on the autism spectrum. In the last 20 years, they figured out that there are lot of people who are on the autism spectrum who are quite intelligent and actually function very well and nobody knows (often not even them) that they are on the spectrum but then they occasionally do or say something that seems extremely arrogant, rude or dismissive even though they don't intend to be that way. When they are confronted with what they did, they are often bewildered because they have no clue that they were being rude. (Think Doc Martin - classic high functioning autistic) Awkwardness with eye contact is huge indicator. Awkwardness in social situations is another. That awkwardness can sometimes be trained out of an autistic, but reading that account made me immediately think he may be autistic. Suffice it to say, its probably not a great idea for someone on the spectrum to be doing on the spot interviews for a living - its likely not going to end well.
    So either he's autistic or he's a total pratt! (or both!)
    Hi isn’t autistic.

Watching the European Athletics Championships this morning and after his heat win the interviewer spoke to our own Mark Hudson-Smith.

This tool refused to make eye contact with her during the interview and was looking anywhere other than at the lady interviewing.

At the end of the interview she wished him well for the next round and he just blanked her and walked away.

When a helper offered him a drink after the race he just grabbed it and didn’t offer a thanks.

F u c k sake, who do some people think they are!!?

I loath this type of behaviour.

You see it a lot in after match interviews on SKY, two players together being spoken to who can’t be a r s e d and then one getting the man of the match award and can’t even manage a thank you.

It just makes my p I s s boil, nobody on the planet is exempt from pleases and thank yous and looking people in the eye when in discussion with them.

Hudson-Smith is nobody in world terms in his event so f u c k knows why he thinks he can act this way!!?

Mick.
    Matt is a very shy person who probably doesn't want to do any interviews, but it is expected.
    He has always been the same and is not arrogant in the least, just very shy
    Cut him some slack

Good to see the men's 4 x 400 relay team win gold and Hudson-Smith give a far better interview afterwards.

Maybe someone had a word with him, to be honest it doesn't take much to make the effort to engage with people and maybe he'll realise the benefits to him himself if he adopts this better attitude in the future.

Good to see the men's 4 x 400 relay team win gold and Hudson-Smith give a far better interview afterwards.

Maybe someone had a word with him, to be honest it doesn't take much to make the effort to engage with people and maybe he'll realise the benefits to him himself if he adopts this better attitude in the future.
    Think he read your post Mick

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Think he read your post Mick
    I doubt it Lloyd! 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Sorry, but I must disagree, he’s a successful athlete and a potential role model for youngsters; there’s absolutely no excuse for his rudeness.
    I’m sure I read a report that he had admitted attempting suicide. If genuine reporting, all is not well with him methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    I think there maybe some serious depressive issues causing such behaviour.
    It’s quite possible Prando. Being successful has nothing to do with having serious issues, they’re just more noticeable because of the spotlight. You only have to look at how many actors end up in rehab or have suicidal tendencies. It’s a fallacy that someone shouldn’t have problems because of money or fame.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)