+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Millersmad Matchthread - Preston v The Millers

Millersmad Matchthread - Preston v The Millers

It is still sinking in the 4 - 0 win against Reading. In fairness to them they did create some good chances where on any other given day the opposition would have score. Those kind of goals that we scored (except for the Lindsay goal) we have conceded in the passed.

The thing is and it's not too difficult to see that days like that don't come around often regardless of what league you are in. We should enjoy them when they do as much as we can.

There seems to be something different within the club! A real threat and a change of play. We said that icky and Smith would be missed but really they haven't. Them leaving has given us more dimension to our play.
    If icky has been replaced by Humphries then his passing has improved us.
    If Smith has been replaced by Washington then it's a straight swap but the intelligence of the frontline has improved.

Tonight is a tough one but the confidence will be high and there's already a fear factor on our side in the form of Ogbene. I can see them trying to mark him out of the game.

Is this the season that Warne cements his place as one of the all time best managers? It will be hard to deny him that status if he guides us to safety and another season in the Championship!

Early days I know but keep believing!

Enjoy the match girls and boys!

Are we sure it’s tonight Frog 😉

I’d take a point now but maybe that’s down to me still taking in the the new players, we’ve started off better than I thought we would tbh maybe I should’ve gone much higher on my prediction table but still it is early in season

Eaves is back but maybe this game is too early for him
    Not sure if we should stick to same starting but I’m sure Warney will get it right

Come on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Are we sure it’s tonight Frog 😉

I’d take a point now but maybe that’s down to me still taking in the the new players, we’ve started off better than I thought we would tbh maybe I should’ve gone much higher on my prediction table but still it is early in season

Eaves is back but maybe this game is too early for him
    Not sure if we should stick to same starting but I’m sure Warney will get it right

Come on!!!!
    Yes mate I checked this time although I was convinced it was a cup match and was going to go out later to a restaurant.

My lovely wife is happy so so am I 🤗

A tricky game

I would like to think we've got enough to come away with at least a point

Depends on how "leggy" our players are after saturday

Confidence must be high though

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Yes mate I checked this time although I was convinced it was a cup match and was going to go out later to a restaurant.

My lovely wife is happy so so am I 🤗
    Bonsoir Frog

You doing the Nou Camp tour? Their club shop is bigger than our training ground.

A point would be good tonight. My only concern is the wing backs if Ferguson is rested. We've got enough options going forward if Washington stays fit.

As mentioned the other day, they have some really good players. Only scored the 1 (beauty) so far in the 3 games but yet to concede. Be more than happy with a point tonight. Keep us ticking along.

Morning Frog'n'all. I'd felt in me water that we would be turned over by Swansea and Reading wouldn't be easy - so I shan't make any predictions about this one.

I still feel we're on a stretching elastic band that's about to snap (if you follow my metaphor.)

I do know we have a great temperament as a team and we have as a good a chance as any of getting something out of this game, though, and, as always, I'm looking forward to watching it.

Evening games are great for me since they start at 11.45am and half time is an excellent point for stopping and getting something to eat. Hot here today. Going up to 33.5 (93 in old money.)

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Morning Frog'n'all. I'd felt in me water that we would be turned over by Swansea and Reading wouldn't be easy - so I shan't make any predictions about this one.

I still feel we're on a stretching elastic band that's about to snap (if you follow my metaphor.)

I do know we have a great temperament as a team and we have as a good a chance as any of getting something out of this game, though, and, as always, I'm looking forward to watching it.

Evening games are great for me since they start at 11.45am and half time is an excellent point for stopping and getting something to eat. Hot here today. Going up to 33.5 (93 in old money.)
    Same here CT around the timing as long as I move some meetings around. A more tolerable 82F forecast here. I though SY was having a heatwave but daughter just sent me a video from Gulliver's World there about 30 minutes ago and it looks like monsoon season.

Like most I'd take a draw now but have a sneaky feeling we are underestimating ourselves and might nick a win.

From Millers Twitter feed:

TEAM v @pnefc | Johansson; Peltier, Hall, Humphreys; Harding, Wiles, Barlaser, Lindsay, Bramall; Washington, Ogbene.

SUBS | Vickers, Wood, Ferguson, McCart, High, Rathbone, Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    From Millers Twitter feed:

TEAM v @pnefc | Johansson; Peltier, Hall, Humphreys; Harding, Wiles, Barlaser, Lindsay, Bramall; Washington, Ogbene.

SUBS | Vickers, Wood, Ferguson, McCart, High, Rathbone, Kelly.
    A Gru fresh legs team

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast