+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Gateshead FC 16.08.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Attacking side indeed and as we've recently signed two of their very best attacking players we win this gunfight. Simple as that we win this game. Woooooooooooo
    Must admit I'll be disappointed with anything less than 3 points, but because we will be seen as the 'big club' who nicked two of their best players Gateshead will be well up for this. They're no pushovers, especially at home, and we still have to prove that our new set up has the mental strength to overcome challenges like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Must admit I'll be disappointed with anything less than 3 points, but because we will be seen as the 'big club' who nicked two of their best players Gateshead will be well up for this. They're no pushovers, especially at home, and we still have to prove that our new set up has the mental strength to overcome challenges like this.
    Very true, this won't be easy. They still have plenty of threat and a very good gaffer - plus they probably know better than anyone how to stop Macca and/or Scott.

Agree, these are the matches that will give us a better idea if we have a real chance this year.. 3 points required on that basis. COYP!!

It's early doors but as someone else recently said it already feels a bit of a barometer game. On paper, and it's always easier on paper, for these first 3 games we should be garnering 7 points if we want to see improvement on previous seasons. Anything less will be disappointing to say the least, and will feel like déjà vu.

I could not agree more. Tonight's match is a perfect example of the kind of away game that we simply must be winning if we are to stand any chance of challenging for the title. Yes they will be up for it and have a point to prove to show us that even by taking two of their players they can give us a game. We have to match that and be mentally strong.

If we get the win tonight then 4 points from two away games is a good start to the season. Draw or lose and 1 or 2 points from 6 available does not look so good. Especially when we have Cheaterfurlough at home on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's early doors but as someone else recently said it already feels a bit of a barometer game. On paper, and it's always easier on paper, for these first 3 games we should be garnering 7 points if we want to see improvement on previous seasons. Anything less will be disappointing to say the least, and will feel like déjà vu.
    For me 2ppg or higher for the first trench of games and I’d happy no matter how we get them. We need a solid start for the first 8 to 10 games and be in contention as that’s been our issue since being in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I could not agree more. Tonight's match is a perfect example of the kind of away game that we simply must be winning if we are to stand any chance of challenging for the title. Yes they will be up for it and have a point to prove to show us that even by taking two of their players they can give us a game. We have to match that and be mentally strong.

If we get the win tonight then 4 points from two away games is a good start to the season. Draw or lose and 1 or 2 points from 6 available does not look so good. Especially when we have Cheaterfurlough at home on Saturday.
    Agree in general but anything less than a win v the Cheaters would be worse.

Have we got rid of one good but injury prone centre half and replaced him with another?

Sort of game title challengers win, playoff teams happy with a point. Which are we I wonder.

Gateshead vs Notts County National League - YouTube

The game is live on youtube on tv youtube channel or on a laptop see above.

We need to be winning games like this if we are to go up. So let's do it.

I think we'll know a lot more about this team and our prospects in a few hours.

COYP

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast