+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Gateshead FC 16.08.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Yes but the general consensus in football is the best owners just go quietly along with their business. I like them, their intelligent, they understand football and they have a strategy. How anyone buys a football club is beyond me, you spend a ridiculous fortune, rarely get anything back and if the club is successful it’s down to the manager and players. I just wish we had got these guys sooner, let’s face it our owners since Pavis have been absolutely awful and reason where we are today.
    None of us are mind readers, so you have to go on the gates and the general atmosphere in the ground and conclude that the majority of fans probably feel the same way as you do and are generally satisfied with Notts' performances and results, with the proviso that some posts on social media might be an indication that a pressure cooker situation may be building with each play off defeat.

Since the owners took over, Notts haven't lost more than one home league game on the trot. The worst home league sequence was 3 draws and 1 defeat in 4 during November-December 2019, so there hasn't been an obvious opportunity for those wanting to vent their frustration, should they be significant in number. As I suggested earlier, I think it would only take 10% or so to shake a larger percentage out of their comfort zone and begin to question the club's ambition.

Today is a huge fixture for LW. Win this evening and he will have bought himself a fair amount of time. Lose, with a tricky run of games to follow, I expect fans will mostly direct their anger at him, rather than the owners, but obviously they won't want to be under pressure to make another change with the Alty, Gateshead and York managers all turning us down. Who would they turn to next?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    None of us are mind readers, so you have to go on the gates and the general atmosphere in the ground and conclude that the majority of fans probably feel the same way as you do and are generally satisfied with Notts' performances and results, with the proviso that some posts on social media might be an indication that a pressure cooker situation may be building with each play off defeat.

Since the owners took over, Notts haven't lost more than one home league game on the trot. The worst home league sequence was 3 draws and 1 defeat in 4 during November-December 2019, so there hasn't been an obvious opportunity for those wanting to vent their frustration, should they be significant in number. As I suggested earlier, I think it would only take 10% or so to shake a larger percentage out of their comfort zone and begin to question the club's ambition.

Today is a huge fixture for LW. Win this evening and he will have bought himself a fair amount of time. Lose, with a tricky run of games to follow, I expect fans will mostly direct their anger at him, rather than the owners, but obviously they won't want to be under pressure to make another change with the Alty, Gateshead and York managers all turning us down. Who would they turn to next?
    We have played 3 games and already you are talking about is replacing LW!

If we lose tonight there's no way I will be angry unless it is a total capitulation and the effort isn't there.

Let's not forget that they beat Wrexham midweek.

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940