+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baldwin

Baldwin

I honestly have no idea why people think this guy is good. He is a defender who doesn’t defend very well. We looked much better when he went off!

His injury record was horrendous before signing and is carrying on in the same vein.

Lacey was twice the player (and just as injury prone) why didn’t we just offer him a new deal?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie2k4 View Post
    I honestly have no idea why people think this guy is good. He is a defender who doesn’t defend very well. We looked much better when he went off!

His injury record was horrendous before signing and is carrying on in the same vein.

Lacey was twice the player (and just as injury prone) why didn’t we just offer him a new deal?
    I'm reserving judgement until I've seen more of him, but based on appearances (or lack of) to date, he isn't the uncompromising, no nonsense stopper we really need in that 'centre of a back three' position. I'm not especially keen on the three at the back approach anyway, but if you're going to play it, surely the idea is that the supporting centre-halves on the left and right are the ball players with licence to get forward - as Brindley and Cameron can - while your middle centre-half is your all-out defensive stopper, a la Mark Ellis. As with Lacey before him, Baldwin looks a decent ball-player, but not exactly a defensive rock. I'd prefer a Colin Foster / Anders Jacobsen / Craig Short type in the middle of the back three... if that reference isn't too dated!

Bajrami actually looks to be the best defender.

Baldy does carry the ball out of defence a lot better than our other defenders. Other than that, our defensive frailties remain, and he does seem to have a history of injuries.

He barely played for MK Dons due to injuries.

Also, the main role of a defender is to defend.. not to carry the ball out of defence… that’s a secondary skill of the position, which is only useful if you can actually defend.

Bajrami does look a much better defender than Baldwin, so hopefully our coach’s favouritism will come to an end soon.

Bajrami does look a much better defender than Baldwin, so hopefully our coach’s favouritism will come to an end soon.
    Bajrami didn't duck out of blocking that powerful shot with his face yesterday, and that's the type of player you want at the back, putting his body on the line to defend the goal. I like what I've seen of him so far.

Baldwin looked pretty accomplished pre season and after playing just over two and a half games, while carrying an injury I think we should maybe hold fire on writing him off just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Bajrami didn't duck out of blocking that powerful shot with his face yesterday, and that's the type of player you want at the back, putting his body on the line to defend the goal. I like what I've seen of him so far.
    No Bajrami, no party then?

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Baldwin looked pretty accomplished pre season and after playing just over two and a half games, while carrying an injury I think we should maybe hold fire on writing him off just yet.
    Competitive games are the only relevant yard stick and his performances worry me… and as for carrying an injury, he will always be carrying an injury by the look of it.

I’d genuinely prefer Rawlinson to Baldwin.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    No Bajrami, no party then?
    Absolutely. Especially if Bajrami's Albanian following is a big as Balint Bajner's Hungarian one!

MK Dons ST holder I know said we have got a good player. Said he was kept out of the team only by a new defender they signed, but when he did play he never let them down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast