+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Gateshead FC 16.08.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    It's always good to get snippets, I'm struggling to believe he was hauled in regarding the BW interview, it was very tame and just said he was very frustrated we chucked away the lead twice and we all were too. Couldn't comment too much on last nights interview, but I get the feeling he thinks Gateshead are going to be a decent side and was happy in the fact we just didn't roll over, yes we are Notts County and on the face of it you would want us to roll them over, but I think we have all seen enough results for a lot of teams in the division over the past 3 seasons that don't make sense, but the reality is this is lower level football and it happens.
    As for them not wanting managers players, as it's been explained before and in the case of Baldwin is that the recruitment team will investigate players recommended by the manger. If they and the owners don't believe it's right, then so be it, it's the model/strategy and they will live or die by it.
    LW's after match interview looked more like a defendant reading a prepared statement in a Beijing show trial. If he wasn't pressurised, then he's delusional . I wish him luck , he might need more than his fair share . Roll on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    That rather poor Maidenhead is above us having won 2 out of 3 games.
    I DID mean when they played us.

Thought I'd watch a bit of Eng V SA cricket to take my mind of the potential mauling Chessie might well hand us, IF, we don't show up. Oops!

If warranted does '10 minute wonder' Nemane get an assist for the late equaliser, or does the O.G. prevent that?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If warranted does '10 minute wonder' Nemane get an assist for the late equaliser, or does the O.G. prevent that?
    He managed to beat his man on only a couple of occasions, other than that he did what he is good at, passing the the ball back. Waste of a shirt..

Yup we all know your thoughts on the player but that doesn't come close to answering the question.

Does the own goal prevent a player getting an assist stat? If so, that seems harsh.

I suppose it does. But more by luck than anything else.

He was awarded the assist.

Interesting to see if this all goes wrong between the manager and the owners if what is reported is true. There does seem to be a difference between signing players to develop and going up. As others have said does the objective of developing players for a profit (not something I'm against if it's not the whole team) count as success as opposed to going up? I'd rather go up and develop one or two players to sell every year than the whole team and stay in this division forever. Our last manager search wasn't a success as some turned it down, obviously managers are going to want to go up, not be hamstringed by having to make profits on most of the players. The longer we're down here the harder it's going to be to attract people. Will players and managers then use us as just a stepping stone for their careers whether we are successful or not? I'm abit worried about how this season will turn out.

Data is through from Wyscout, suggests Notts should have shaded it. Seen a few comments from Gateshead fans as well suggesting Notts were the better team after the dodgy start.

Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast