+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do we need creators or goal scorers ?

What's going on with Churlinov?
    Read an article in the Burnley express - the headline said there's a snag but the text said it's going ahead. WTF is that supposed to mean?

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    What's going on with Churlinov?
    Read an article in the Burnley express - the headline said there's a snag but the text said it's going ahead. WTF is that supposed to mean?
    He needs a visa being from North Macedonia.He is having his medical in Paris also because of that.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 17-08-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There's a video somewhere out there showing VK's initial address to the staff and players on arrival. He tells them quite openly that it will take two or three months at least for them to adapt, understand and execute the way he will want them to play. The new additions are still arriving, each one pushing the date back when they're all on board with what he wants them to do, how he wants them to play. Right now it must still be a learning curve for all of them, VK included, it's still very early stages. I think we're fine, we're doing better than I expected in the circumstances, the guy's virtually had to start from scratch this summer, give him a chance ffs.
    I actually think we are ahead of that learning curve Sinkov.I think the players are doing great apart from the final third which will come.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I actually think we are ahead of that learning curve Sinkov.I think the players are doing great apart from the final third which will come.
    I hear you guys but it's really f*cking frustrating to have so much of the ball and not be able to convert possession into real goal scoring chances.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I would assume VK wants us to play as close to the way City play under Pep as he can get us, but it didn't happen overnight for Pep. In his first season at City they finished 3rd, 15 points behind Chelsea, 8 points behind Spurs, like you say CiB, we're doing fine, we're OK. Just give him the time he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I hear you guys but it's really f*cking frustrating to have so much of the ball and not be able to convert possession into real goal scoring chances.
    Maybe BT, if you want a dispassionate over-view, it's possibly better not to go and watch them. If you're there you're caught up in the moment, you see the mistakes, the misses, you feel the frustration. But other teams make mistakes, miss chances, frustrate their fans, we're not unique in that. The only real judge is results over a period of time, we haven't had much time to judge yet, but results so far suggest we're doing as well as can be expected. Can you ask for more ?

I would assume VK wants us to play as close to the way City play under Pep as he can get us, but it didn't happen overnight for Pep. In his first season at City they finished 3rd, 15 points behind Chelsea, 8 points behind Spurs, like you say CiB, we're doing fine, we're OK. Just give him the time he needs.
    Final ball. Fine margins. Work in Progress.

From where did I hear this before?

Attachment 22382

The only problem that I foresee, with us playing the different brand of football and having won our first game away from home and dominated possession in the other games that we have played, is that our fans' expectations are far too high and that this could rebound on the players if we do not start winning games.
    After going on the Turf for 70+ years I know only too well how a number of our fans can turn against some players and that never does any good at all. Patience is a virtue and is not often found amongst some Clarets fans.

Maybe BT, if you want a dispassionate over-view, it's possibly better not to go and watch them. If you're there you're caught up in the moment, you see the mistakes, the misses, you feel the frustration. But other teams make mistakes, miss chances, frustrate their fans, we're not unique in that. The only real judge is results over a period of time, we haven't had much time to judge yet, but results so far suggest we're doing as well as can be expected. Can you ask for more ?
    I know all of that mon ami but we really do have one or two very serious and also very good football players in this new batch.

Vinny does not have time to prevaricate, he needs to decide on his best eleven playing the way he wants too and get them all singing from the same hymn sheet and quick.

The wing backs are getting in the way of the wide midfield players and that needs sorting.

The most obvious thing I have seen is that teams like Luton and Hull are not visiting Turf Moor to gift their hosts three points, but most of the people sat round me in Cell Block A think they do!

My wife claims I am the least patient person she has ever known except when I'm with the grandkids and they don't play for Burnley.

Bring on the Lashers.

Total possession average is 70.25%: Total shots 58 with 19 on target and scored 3 goals.
    Total possession average is 38.25%: Total shots 43 with 15 on target and scored 3 goals.

First instance we have 32.8% shots on target and scored with 5.2%.
    Second instance we have 34.8% shots on target and scored with 7%.
    Plenty of work to do without doubt.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)