+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do we need creators or goal scorers ?

Do we need creators or goal scorers ?

Or both ? Once again over 70’/. possession.We gave the opposition a goal start , got back into the game , but failed to get the winner. What do we need to convert 1 point into 3 ?

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Or both ? Once again over 70’/. possession.We gave the opposition a goal start , got back into the game , but failed to get the winner. What do we need to convert 1 point into 3 ?
    A few more players who are not so easily knocked off the ball when in decent positions. We are far too lightweight for the Championship, particulalry if we don't score goals when we are on top.

Well on the positive I can see the brand of football being played and that is a refreshing change. However, up front neither JRod or Ashley are good enough to play the way we are trying to play so a mobile forward (at least one) is needed that is very clear and although the ball retention is good it is carried out to slowly. I am quite prepared to give time but all the Dyche players seem incapable to play this new system (except for Brownhill). If we can get something for those players we should and complete the rebuilding asap. I do have to say I was not entertained tonight and at the end of the game felt underwhelmed and disappointed. Just my own take on the proceedings.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Well on the positive I can see the brand of football being played and that is a refreshing change. However, up front neither JRod or Ashley are good enough to play the way we are trying to play so a mobile forward (at least one) is needed that is very clear and although the ball retention is good it is carried out to slowly. I am quite prepared to give time but all the Dyche players seem incapable to play this new system (except for Brownhill). If we can get something for those players we should and complete the rebuilding asap. I do have to say I was not entertained tonight and at the end of the game felt underwhelmed and disappointed. Just my own take on the proceedings.
    If VK cannot see that we desperately need a no.9 that is young and mobile then we will be nowhere near the play offs come the end of the season.I agree about Jayrod and Ashley but I would say that Brownhill is in the SD mould as well.He again gave the ball away for their goal and missed a couple of sitters as did Jayrod.None of them are suited to the new style of play.Ashley looks like a fish out of water.
    The posession play is good to watch but again like you say it is too slow in the build up with little movement up front.

We play high up the pitch and are therefore very vulnerable to break away goals.

We have conceded three goals from three shots.

We have no-one at present who can play in between the lines. Twine perhaps?

Bastien is very disappointing, he's lazy, has no determination and does not deserve a shirt.

At 70 years old with a beer belly I could still take Benson, he's useless.

I don't understand the constant criticism of Rodriguez, he looks a very potent threat and scored.

Vitinho? I'd rather play Lowton.

The one bright spark from tonight was Taylor Bellis-Harwood, mark my words this lad will captain England one day, he is a truly exceptional talent.

I wish he was ours.

BT , I notice Bastien was pulled again tonight. Is that the third consecutive game, now ? VK must see something in him in the first place, unlike the rest of us ,who wonder what is going on.

Taking of Ex Dyche players, I thought Taylor did very well. I think he can play the Kompany way. However, we MUST get at least 1 striker with some pace or this project is going to come unstuck. Hitting the net is what football is about; if you don't you don't win. It's obvious. but it is what is lacking now as it was last season to be honest.

Since Evatt came to Wanderers and wanted us to play like Barca/City with League 1 standard players, we've tried all sorts to solve the problem of cracking packed low block (sorry BT) defences when we have nearly all the possession. Whilst we have players who are good on the ball and creative at our level, it's crystal clear that consistently good finishers - who we can't afford - are essential.
    As are quick defenders who can defend the inevitable counterattacks.
    Possession football is fine, but you have to convert the chances when they come along AND keep the back door shut.

I've come to the conclusion that to play like Barca/City, ideally you need Barca/City quality players.

While I appreciate the style of football we are trying to play, which is a pleasant change for the last two seasons. We certainly are in the need of some one who can apply the finishing touches, considering the amount of possession we have had in the games so far our goal tally is somewhat woeful.

Totally agree with Sub, some of our players are far to easily pushed off the ball, with all the younger players we have, we may need to look to getting an enforcer, someone out of the Joey Barton mould, as well as a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by wanderlust View Post
    Since Evatt came to Wanderers and wanted us to play like Barca/City with League 1 standard players, we've tried all sorts to solve the problem of cracking packed low block (sorry BT) defences when we have nearly all the possession. Whilst we have players who are good on the ball and creative at our level, it's crystal clear that consistently good finishers - who we can't afford - are essential.
    As are quick defenders who can defend the inevitable counterattacks.
    Possession football is fine, but you have to convert the chances when they come along AND keep the back door shut.

I've come to the conclusion that to play like Barca/City, ideally you need Barca/City quality players.
    We had a post-match pint and I said to the gang, we need to get Pep to loan us Kev and Silva, Bastien and Benson just don't cut it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)