+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Preston North End Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    No real chances of note? You fall asleep when Washington slid it just wide and then their keeper pulled off a great save to deny him?

I firmly believe that Washington is our new Le Fondre. He has immense vision, determination and enough guile to hit double figures this season.
    That was a chance made by Washington it wasn't a clear cut chance.

I thought it was going in.

Must fell asleep for the great save as you said

I agree with all of that Eric's Lad. It was like the Alamo towards the end, and PNE really ought to have buried a couple of early chances, but we would have wilted under that pressure last time we were in the Championship. It’s still early days but the new acquisitions, particularly in defence, look to have improved the squad…to Championship standard? Only time will tell. One thing’s for sure, we’re well rid of Ihekwe. Listening to W*******y fans this morning at work, he clearly hasn’t improved their defence, they were highly critical. The grumbles were the familiar worst traits of Ihekwe. Poor first touch, awful distribution, can’t head a ball properly. Don’t get me wrong, he was generally OK for us (usually at the side of Woody…are you listening gru? ) but on the showings so far, Cameron Humphreys is a much better footballer all round and a vast improvement. I think we’ve dodged a bullet with Ihekwe bailing out and unearthed a gem in Humphreys. Grant Hall looks pretty good as well.

Great battling performance, showed some real grit but also showed that we can be a threat going forward too. That Gave PNE that bit extra to think about, we weren't just 10 men behind ball hitting and hoping.

Proud of the lads and think our summer recruitment has been amazing (yes we still need a couple more). It's easy to not be impressed initially when we sign players that that don't come with huge reputations, but we've proved over the last few years that we know what we're doing when we bring players in.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    No real chances of note? You fall asleep when Washington slid it just wide and then their keeper pulled off a great save to deny him?

I firmly believe that Washington is our new Le Fondre. He has immense vision, determination and enough guile to hit double figures this season.
    Washington reminds me of Derbyshire more than ALF - Not a natural goal scorer that will get big numbers but more of someone that makes the runs into channels and drops deep and will have a bang when necessary - This isn't a criticism I thought Matt Derbyshire was brilliant.

On Wiles, It is not a secret that I am a fan and he runs more Kilometres during 90 minutes than any other player and it isn't even close. Without that graft Barlaser would not get enough of the ball to be effective and when Wiles has the chance to add the final product to his graft he is the best all-rounder out there.

Bit more on last night - It looks to me that Warne and Barker have learned from how other teams with similar budgets and players to ours compete at this level. A Goalkeeper getting booked for time wasting seems a foregone conclusion when we are winning but we have never done it and the substitutions were the right ones at the right times. As soon as Woody came on I knew we were home safe, not because he would clear everything but he makes everyone else puff their chests out and motivates them.
    I was worried that we would start being accused of becoming Wycombe like but Preston's board is full of praise for our defending.

No reason we can't sneak a 0-1 away at QPR on Saturday.

I'm surprised wiles constantly covers more ground than ollie rathbone. That lad seems to be everywhere.

How we are now talking sneaking a 1-0 victory away at qpr!!

Shows Warne has worked his magic with no money

Imagine what he could do with proper championship backing

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I'm surprised wiles constantly covers more ground than ollie rathbone. That lad seems to be everywhere.

Are you related to Warney or TS pissed you off? Serious question btw just so I understand you

I suppose it would be like giving Mrs G more money you end up with a wardrobe full of shoes.

Football history is full of examples of managers spending large amounts on mediocre players.

So no real guarantee that Warne would have more success with more money available to him.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Are you related to Warney or TS pissed you off? Serious question btw just so I understand you
    Haha no he pays me in free tickets.

Warnie is so under rated as a manager even more so buy our own fans and I feel bad for him having to scratch around for freebies every time in the championship to try and compete

With Tony Stewart it's frustration off not been able to compete in the championship.

Ts is a top league 1 chairman but is so out off his depth in the championship.

Yet bangs on about the premiership million pound players etc and the totally opposite happens relegation and freebies.

Haha no he pays me in free tickets.

Warnie is so under rated as a manager even more so buy our own fans and I feel bad for him having to scratch around for freebies every time in the championship to try and compete

With Tony Stewart it's frustration off not been able to compete in the championship.

Ts is a top league 1 chairman but is so out off his depth in the championship.

Yet bangs on about the premiership million pound players etc and the totally opposite happens relegation and freebies.
    Yet there seems to be a suggestion that players still don't want to be here even when offered a decent deal

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I suppose it would be like giving Mrs G more money you end up with a wardrobe full of shoes.

Football history is full of examples of managers spending large amounts on mediocre players.

So no real guarantee that Warne would have more success with more money available to him.
    No real guarantee just like anything in life.

But if he can turn reserve team players into internationals it saids to me that he has got a eye along with Scott and his coaching team know what there doing.

I just know with warnie and proper backing there a top half top 6 finish to be had.

But it will never happen with rufc in the championship

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast