+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Preston North End Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Ryan Lowe says that is the best Preston performance he has seen while he has been the manager.We defended well against them and can take great comfort knowing that PNE have not played better than that for a long time.Well done Millers.
    I think this is an important observation about what Lowe said - and what he said was echoed by many on the PNE message boards. Obviously it came with a lot of frustration that they couldn't score against the likes of a lowly team like Rotherham. (There were a few who expressed grudging admiration for our ability dig in and defend well...)

If we can come away with something from a team like PNE who (apart from not scoring) were seen to be playing at the top of their game, it does bode well for the future.

After last night side for QPR none of my favourites or Warney's

Victor

Harding Hall Humphreys

Chieo High Barlaser Rathbone Bramall

Washington Kelly

Pelts did well last night but next Saturdays game could come too soon for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    I think this is an important observation about what Lowe said - and what he said was echoed by many on the PNE message boards. Obviously it came with a lot of frustration that they couldn't score against the likes of a lowly team like Rotherham. (There were a few who expressed grudging admiration for our ability dig in and defend well...)

If we can come away with something from a team like PNE who (apart from not scoring) were seen to be playing at the top of their game, it does bode well for the future.
    Agree with this, Preston have started off impressive this season and Potts (loan) is their star player who we defended well

I didn’t take to Hall last home game but impressed me tonight

Kelly has good ball control and will be looking forward to him getting more time on pitch but what’s going on with his head, is he always going to be treated for an head injury?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I didn’t take to Hall last home game but impressed me tonight

Kelly has good ball control and will be looking forward to him getting more time on pitch but what’s going on with his head, is he always going to be treated for an head injury?
    He’s just brave and gets in where it hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MT, I wish to mirror everything you’ve said.

My only other gripe is that Wiles stayed on far too long. Are we to see this again from Warne this season ? Or is the plan to keep playing him hoping he turns in a worldie performance in a game and someone comes in with a £2 million bid which I think the club should accept.

The lad has great potential but blows hot and cold and tonight for me was a below average game for him, come on Ben lad turn on your magic button again soon ��
    Yes he’s starting to frustrate the hell out of me, we all know he’s more than capable, needs to learn to hold his head up when he makes mistakes
    Not the first game and won’t be the last when imo he should be subbed

Come on Ben lad get that head up

Is he struggling with something we don’t know about? Maybe his wrist has been getting him down

Wiles is probably distracted by transfer rumour. He needs dropping if his head isn't in the game

Terrific rearguard performance last night.
    We conceded very few last season but already this defence feels better and more resilient. Just 1 goal conceded in 3 games and it was a worldie.
    Humphreys looks an immense signing. Everything about him reminds me of Paul McGrath

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    I thought we were excellent, they had a 15 min period in teh 2nd half where we really rode our luck, but after that we got the ball and passed it a bit to ease the pressure and that slowed them down. rathbone at his old man/grandads(??) club was excellent, ogbene had a poor game and Harding gave the ball away a few times when a ball down the line was a good option. High looks a decent signing and the back 3 were outstanding, the Viking is playing superb the save from Potts was top notch. We seem to have more belief than last time. We need a couple more players this window, the wing back and another striker. Also well done to Wiles as captain, he led the team well, you saw him taliking and motivating the players, and a lovely gesture from Wood when they exchanged the armband.
    I completely agree.

Is Wiles vice captain or will we be seeing a different one each game ? Knowing Warney the latter wouldn’t surprise me tbh, nothing wrong with that.
    Think Washington would make a good captain

We played well last night. There were a couple of mistakes by players probably by every player on the park.

It kind of písses me off reading the negative **** about certain players and our manager's way week in, week out.

A great point won. Rejoice in that 🤔

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast