+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ...and Northampton.

...and Northampton.

AM in his interview last night mentioned that we would have 2 players back for Saturday. Which ones? I would like it to be Mcdonald and Long. I would have no problem putting the former back in for BSD. IF one is Long, how does that affect the line-up? Does it require a formation change or is it a straight swap for Brook?
    One of them might possibly be Richards. Anyone want to play him instead of Arthur?
    Apart from those 3 who else is missing? Rio -who knows when/if he'll be back, Sambou for another 2 games. Is there someone I've forgotten, I'm sure AM mentioned there were 6 absent.

Going for another Crewe win. 2-1

Crowd 5,320 with (442) away fans

Think missing player is Charlie Colkett

It must be nearly a fortnight ago when Morris said that Richards was a couple of weeks away. Arthur when he has to think and make a decision is left badly wanting at the moment, no doubt playing games will help him to develop, that's why Arsenal have sent him here, whereby his reaction saves seem fine. I think that I would take Richards if he shows the form of the latter stages of last season.
    Long I presume will be eased back in from the bench, McDonald with a groin injury I fear will be out longer, I hope that I am wrong, I have no confidence in Billy Sass at all.
    If we ever get the 5 forwards all available at the same time I can see that being quite exciting and we will be able to use our bench more without the fear of weakening the starting eleven as someone put on another post, Wartman?
    I would take 1-1 now.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Going for another Crewe win. 2-1

Crowd 5,320 with (442) away fans
    Can't see that we will get anywhere near to nearly 5000 home supporters unless we have given loads of freebies away but I think that Northamptons support will be nearer to 700 even without any trains running.

Quote Originally Posted by MeForCrewe View Post
    Can't see that we will get anywhere near to nearly 5000 home supporters unless we have given loads of freebies away but I think that Northamptons support will be nearer to 700 even without any trains running.
    If we perform like we did on Tuesday we will get hammered defensively we are weak at the moment and midfield we have 2 players and that is it. 0-2 defeat for me crowd will be 3980 (400) visiting fans.

Colkett's tear keeps him out till November-ish AM now says, and Long unable to train after severe food poisoning, though recovered from the Nantwich kick, so we know who the 2 for Saturday are not! Richards was out with the other keepers before kick off on Tuesday, so suspect the two back are him and (hopefully) McDonald. Trig to be on the bench and then they can get Booth out on loan, with Trig's first chance to play the Pizza Trophy, unless things go pearshaped before then.

I really do hope McDonald is one of them.

Me too! Lee Bell did say on Tuesday night they didn't want to risk him but be sure of him for the weekend.

A home match against a Northampton team much fancied for promotion, and currently sitting 3rd in the league, unbeaten. Our 'strength' in depth is being tested with a number of probable absences fir this weekend. Rio, Longy, Charlie Colkett and Sambou all pretty much definitely out, so the only possible returnees are Mcdonald and/or Richards (might it be time to give Offord a go a central midfield, and pair Mcdonald with BSD if he returns?). Our bench is going to look pretty threadbare come 3 o'clock on Saturday. However, we have shown that we can grind out a result, and we'll possibly do better against a side that'll cone to fortress gresty, fancy their chances against us and leave space for out attacking players to exploit. Trying to stay positive, 2 - 1 to the Alex, but I do agree with those calling for a strengthening of the first team squad, especially in midfield and right back. Mellor, Thomas and Uwakwe can't play every minute of every game.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast