+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts Forest

Notts Forest

Their spending now up to £150 million Good luck to them but what happens if they are relegated it’s obviously a big gamble that could backfire in a big way

Lingard already thinks they will be that's why he only signed a 1 year contract

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    Their spending now up to £150 million Good luck to them but what happens if they are relegated it’s obviously a big gamble that could backfire in a big way
    It's more than that isn't it?

With this signing the £25 million takes them to £200 million, if you include the £17 million of add ons, it's well over.

Ok according to this report it is £150 million:

Signing Gibbs-White for £42.5m would take Forest’s summer spending to £149.4m.

Sorted by reported fees

Emmanuel Dennis – Watford, £20m
    Taiwo Awoniyi – Union Berlin, £17m
    Neco Williams – Liverpool, £16m
    Orel Mangala – Stuttgart, £12.7m
    Remo Freuler – Atalanta, £9m
    Moussa Niakhate – Mainz, £8.7m
    Omar Richards – Bayern Munich, £8.5m
    Lewis O’Brien – Huddersfield, £6m
    Giulian Biancone – Troyes, £5m
    Harry Toffolo – Huddersfield, £4m
    Cheikhou Kouyate – Crystal Palace, free
    Jesse Lingard – Manchester United, free
    Wayne Hennessey – Burnley, free
    Brandon Aguilera – Alajuelense, undisclosed
    Dean Henderson – Manchester United, loan

But i could of sworn I read another report somewhere that said the £200 million figure. Maybe that included add ons etc.

Either way - massive gamble by them, I know they effectively had to rebuild their squad after promotion due to all the loans but if this does go wrong for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    It's more than that isn't it?

With this signing the £25 million takes them to £200 million, if you include the £17 million of add ons, it's well over.

Ok according to this report it is £150 million:

Signing Gibbs-White for £42.5m would take Forest’s summer spending to £149.4m.

Sorted by reported fees

Emmanuel Dennis – Watford, £20m
    Taiwo Awoniyi – Union Berlin, £17m
    Neco Williams – Liverpool, £16m
    Orel Mangala – Stuttgart, £12.7m
    Remo Freuler – Atalanta, £9m
    Moussa Niakhate – Mainz, £8.7m
    Omar Richards – Bayern Munich, £8.5m
    Lewis O’Brien – Huddersfield, £6m
    Giulian Biancone – Troyes, £5m
    Harry Toffolo – Huddersfield, £4m
    Cheikhou Kouyate – Crystal Palace, free
    Jesse Lingard – Manchester United, free
    Wayne Hennessey – Burnley, free
    Brandon Aguilera – Alajuelense, undisclosed
    Dean Henderson – Manchester United, loan

But i could of sworn I read another report somewhere that said the £200 million figure. Maybe that included add ons etc.

Either way - massive gamble by them, I know they effectively had to rebuild their squad after promotion due to all the loans but if this does go wrong for them.
    I'ts far too many for one window and I shudder to think what their wage bill or contracts are like. Should they go down they won't be able to pay their way easily.

The other thing has got to be financial fair play rules and the money for lones as well as Lingards reported £200,000 a week is that not another 10 million

They value Gibbs-White higher than we value James Maddison. Let that sink in… In reality both teams are way off with their valuations of both players. Big gamble but parachute money will soften the blow if/when they drop. They will then have a better squad than last season even after the inevitable sales.

Pretty sure they hate being called ‘Notts’ by the way. Not entirely sure why other than there being a Notts County nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    They value Gibbs-White higher than we value James Maddison. Let that sink in… In reality both teams are way off with their valuations of both players. Big gamble but parachute money will soften the blow if/when they drop. They will then have a better squad than last season even after the inevitable sales.

Pretty sure they hate being called ‘Notts’ by the way. Not entirely sure why other than there being a Notts County nearby.
    Notts is the term for the county... as is seen with the cricket team and Notts County fc. Nott'm is the recognised abbreviation for the City, as the club play at the City ground, they see themselves as the city club. Hence Nott'm Forest.

I think!

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post

There are no longer parachute payments fron this season onwards.

They're still favourites to go down, although I'd love to see them stay up. And let Lingard rot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    There are no longer parachute payments fron this season onwards.
    Is this the case? There were talks of changing how the system works to stop other clubs in the division being disadvantaged but i’ve not seen any confirmation the rules have been changed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)