+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cnants

R lass says, physio knew what job she was taking rubbing all them footballers down,it also made her feel good when wolf whistled at when she was younger,if we end up with a big fine it weakens us in the transfer market, just a thought..

Our own Physio Vikki Stevens was subject to the same abuse recently at Plymouth , did BFC complain ? and if not ?, BFC need to get their own house in order rather than burying their heads in the sand , for years now a certain underclass are spoiling things for the majority of fans , Oakwell classed as a non smoking venue and yet some are openly smoking/obviously taking drugs and getting away with it , home and away games are now no go area's for many, they ban a lad who allegedly made a salute to visiting fans who wasn't even on their premises ( he was in the mount car park ) yet despite all the cctv available to them they have only banned a few from the area of the Ponty where these morons congregate , instead of making video's of Khaled and Toby plus a lump of wood , they need to get down to the real business of trying to run a once respected football club properly ,
    SPECTUMAR AGENDO,

I'm not a po-faced PC individual but have one basic rule with things like this---

Would I like it if it was my wife/ sister/ daughter/ grand-daughter on the receiving end whilst going about her job or walking on the street ?

I can imagine the scenes if a proportion of the Wembley crowd were singing, "Get yar t1ts out fo the lads", as the England women were playing in the Final.

I'm far from PC myself as anyone whose read the nonsense I type on here for many a long year will know .

Two incidents this week highlight the difference between what's acceptable and what isn't .

Graeme Souness was vilified by the usual suspects for saying the Chelsea v Spurs game last Sunday was " a man's game " , everyone and his dog knew what Graeme meant and at no point was it a ***ist comment and meant to be detrimental to the women's game , absolutely not .

A professional women going about her job should not be subject to the kind of chants allegedly attributed to a section of Barnsley supporters .

Absolutely not .

That shows both sides of the coin animal.
    All I can say is I’m glad I spent my ****age years in the sixties where life was much simpler. If anybody gave a Wolf whistle to the girls I knew they would either have beamed and say thank you or they would have given them a right gob full.
    I’ve never disrespected anyone and hopefully never will but the world is covered in egg shells and it seems there’s always somebody ready to find fault in the most innocent things.

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    That shows both sides of the coin animal.
    All I can say is I’m glad I spent my ****age years in the sixties where life was much simpler. If anybody gave a Wolf whistle to the girls I knew they would either have beamed and say thank you or they would have given them a right gob full.
    I’ve never disrespected anyone and hopefully never will but the world is covered in egg shells and it seems there’s always somebody ready to find fault in the most innocent things.
    There's no middle ground any more Doggy , I grew up in the 70's when people like Larry Grayson were on tv and his gay innuendos , completely harmless fun .

Frank Carson with his Irish jokes even though he was Irish himself .

All gone and deemed unacceptable today .

It's crazy,doesnt sound good on paper,but it was harmless fun,(I thought)although my mind has been changed,would I like my daughter having that chanted, truthfully I would have warned her, I dont know the full story of the Chelsea physio that supposedly had a smile on her face after a multi pounds payout,but is that where were going?it was wrong,but flippin eck.

And I was a kid of the 80s when it came to telly and films and music etc.
    I think its pathetic now how so many people are quick to have a go and find fault, when a lot of the time there isn't any to begin with, and the Souness comments are just one example.
    Does anybody know by the way, if the female Bristol Rovs physio actually found it offensive ?, which she has every right to of coursr.
    Its a ridiculous thing to chant and they are ignorant morons for doing it, probably too many shandys beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And I was a kid of the 80s when it came to telly and films and music etc.
    I think its pathetic now how so many people are quick to have a go and find fault, when a lot of the time there isn't any to begin with, and the Souness comments are just one example.
    Does anybody know by the way, if the female Bristol Rovs physio actually found it offensive ?, which she has every right to of coursr.
    Its a ridiculous thing to chant and they are ignorant morons for doing it, probably too many shandys beforehand.
    She put a message on twitter after the game apparently .

Not a happy lass .

Ahh ok I don't use twitter, but like I said she had every right to be offended.

I just wondered if she was somebody who can easily ignore that sort of stuff, and not let it bother her.
    Some people can do that as they are 'thick skinned' but its not making excuses for the idiots who shouted it.
    And so soon after the Hex comments fiasco!.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast