+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Fairmers Away Match Thread

Over run a little in the first half after a positive start! But much better in the 2nd half and 3 points, praying we get this creative mid in but need reinforced in defence

Miovski is a big problem for me in regards to the balance of the team

He does not press or hold up the ball, just loiters around waiting for chances

He has to get more involved in the teams transitions other than just looking to run into goal scoring positions, DUK came on and we immediately looked a better all round team even with his limited ability because he looks for ball to feet and he can play to an extent with back to goal

Quote Originally Posted by LongDistanceRed View Post

He has to get more involved in the teams transitions other than just looking to run into goal scoring positions, DUK came on and we immediately looked a better all round team even with his limited ability because he looks for ball to feet and he can play to an extent with back to goal
    Interesting point. I thought Miovski played well, however Duk's impact when he went CF was very noticeable.

[QUOTE=Bisconti's balls;40101905]Over run a little in the first half after a positive start! /QUOTE]

Seriously? We were under a bit of pressure towards the end of the first half and St. J had a few corners but we certainly were never "over run" (sic).

It's early days...
    It's early days...

Well that was much better.

Saw a lot more energy and desire compared to last week - need that every week though lads.

The better team and deserved the win. An absolute worldy fit to win any game.

A few thoughts:

Roos very good. Solid, controlled his box and a couple of cracking stops. Thats fit we want min.

Leave the back 4 alone James. Scales and Stewart are your CH pairing (bar timothy obvs) so leave it alone.

Richardson did ok. Good going forward again and defended better, but still needs to work on that.

I really liked Coulson. Fantastic skill, great feet and a real attacking threat. My only slight criticism is he needs to get rid of it a bit quicker sometimes as he got caught on the ball and nearly cost us a goal fae Murphy - but overall very good.

Midfield much better with McCrorie in there. Middle of the park was better and hopefully will continue to improve with games.

Clarkson has that bit of extra quality and class you need to win the tight games. He’s a difference maker and should do a real job for us this year and should continue to improve with games.

Johnny Hayes was absolutely immense today. Covered every blade of grass. What an engine for a 35 year old. The desire and will to win is fantastic - my MOTM.

Vinny better, some nice touches and good early delivery into the box, but cut out the theatrics please min.

Miovski is a proper No 9. Great movement and knows where the goal is. I thought his goal was onside today. He’ll do me.

Subs did their bit. Morris was dangerous on the break and a good out ball and Duk did well coming on and offering a link, hold up play and an out ball last 15 mins which was exactly what was needed.

So overall a good day at the office. I said the pressure was on the team and manager and they stepped up and delivered so fair play for that. COYR

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

So overall a good day at the office. I said the pressure was on the team and manager and they stepped up and delivered so fair play for that. COYR
    Agree with all of that. Would add to the Stewart/Scales CB pairing that Stewart was excellent today in defending, positioning and distribution. Was last week’s error strewn performance just a blip or, my opinion, he benefits from playing with a genuine centre-half which McCrorie, an excellent midfielder which he proved today, is not?

I love watching Richardson. He is a brilliant attacking full back. So, he gets out of position or is not wide enough against the opposition full back/wing back, and consequently we will suffer against the arse cheeks as a result, but he is 20. Positioning, decision making can be coached, pace and ball-playing skills not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDistanceRed View Post

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but eventually we find a centre forward who looks like a centre forward , actually looks like scoring every time he gets the ball and you want him to be doing something else.

Anyone here thought we missed Kennedy? Of course we didnt, rhetorical question. Sell him, get some cash in.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Anyone here thought we missed Kennedy?
    Definitely, but it was fantastic, if uncharacteristically sentimental, of Fergie to give him a place on the bench at the Ullevi, and telling him to warm up so that he could get a cheer from us.

The best right back we ever had, although even I’m nae old enough to remember Jimmy Mitchell or Willie Cooper who, by repute, would kick opposition wingers into the gasworks. Proper Mannies.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast