+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Fairmers Away Match Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Well that was much better.

Saw a lot more energy and desire compared to last week - need that every week though lads.

The better team and deserved the win. An absolute worldy fit to win any game.

A few thoughts:

Roos very good. Solid, controlled his box and a couple of cracking stops. Thats fit we want min.

Leave the back 4 alone James. Scales and Stewart are your CH pairing (bar timothy obvs) so leave it alone.

Richardson did ok. Good going forward again and defended better, but still needs to work on that.

I really liked Coulson. Fantastic skill, great feet and a real attacking threat. My only slight criticism is he needs to get rid of it a bit quicker sometimes as he got caught on the ball and nearly cost us a goal fae Murphy - but overall very good.

Midfield much better with McCrorie in there. Middle of the park was better and hopefully will continue to improve with games.

Clarkson has that bit of extra quality and class you need to win the tight games. He’s a difference maker and should do a real job for us this year and should continue to improve with games.

Johnny Hayes was absolutely immense today. Covered every blade of grass. What an engine for a 35 year old. The desire and will to win is fantastic - my MOTM.

Vinny better, some nice touches and good early delivery into the box, but cut out the theatrics please min.

Miovski is a proper No 9. Great movement and knows where the goal is. I thought his goal was onside today. He’ll do me.

Subs did their bit. Morris was dangerous on the break and a good out ball and Duk did well coming on and offering a link, hold up play and an out ball last 15 mins which was exactly what was needed.

So overall a good day at the office. I said the pressure was on the team and manager and they stepped up and delivered so fair play for that. COYR
    The Moog talks as much sense as anyone on this Forum.

A good three points and much more important was the clean sheet.

What a hit from Clarkson, worthy of winning any game.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Anyone here thought we missed Kennedy?
    I think 57vintage has got mixed up with person in question. I know we maybe aren’t the most popular of clubs but we can’t be put at blame for the death of JFK. All those conspiracy theorists have taken this to a new level.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    A good three points and much more important was the clean sheet.

What a hit from Clarkson, worthy of winning any game.
    Clarkson’s strike was worthy of winning any game but I disagree about the clean sheet. The three points are far more important.

As usual for me The_Moog sums it up very well indeed. Be ideal if we could get Scales and Coulson permanently. Never going to happen though. Thought McRoarie had a great game again showing where his best position is and strengths lie. Hayes is just immense. Richardson had a better second half but i'm still concerned at how far up the pitch he plays and how often he is out of position. Couldn't tell from behind our goal if Miovski was offside. 3 points next week an absolute must. Whole week to prepare. COYR.

The Richardson too far forward thing must be tactical/instruction surely?
    It's happened too often to be an individual foible.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Definitely, but it was fantastic, if uncharacteristically sentimental, of Fergie to give him a place on the bench at the Ullevi, and telling him to warm up so that he could get a cheer from us.

The best right back we ever had, although even I’m nae old enough to remember Jimmy Mitchell or Willie Cooper who, by repute, would kick opposition wingers into the gasworks. Proper Mannies.

Of course we still hadn't learned by that point just how uncharacteristic that was of Fergie. Kennedy must have really made an impression.

Fergie loved Kennedy, loved him.
    His attitude, his commitment, his will to win.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Fergie loved Kennedy, loved him.
    His attitude, his commitment, his will to win.
    And as someone who had led a shipyard apprentices’ strike, he admired Kennedy’s rôle as the no-****e-taken dressing room representative when players’ issues needed resolution.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast