+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Casemiro to Manure - Bruno to Madrid

Casemiro to Manure - Bruno to Madrid

thats the story going about now, Real Madrid want Bruno to replace Casemiro.

Newcastle will not want to sell and it will take an unbelievable offer to get him like.

I dont get the whole Man Utd recruitment thing, they pay over the odds for utter dross, this lads 30 and they are handing him a 5 year contract with an option for another year?

This lad will get sent off all the time.

How much would you take for Bruno, say 100 mil

Yeh i think we shouldn't be taking less than 100 mill for Bruno but unfortunately Real will probably be happy to pay that

Casemiro is a great player but the deal sounds desperate from a Man-U point-of-view. Hopefully he'll turn them down and stay at Madrid

Personal terms being discussed with Casemiro apparently:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cept-70m-offer

If Bruno does leave Paqueta seems the obvious choice for replacing him, unless of course Madrid sign him to replace Casemiro

Casemiro is more defensive than either of them though

If Bruno goes, sorry this will feel like Ashley again.

We should not be selling this player if the owners are serious about challenging for trophies.

Bruno did say he wants to become a legend here...he'd have a job doing that if he buggers off to Madrid

At least we have ambitious owners now who have said from the start they want to compete for the biggest trophies

I just hope we can hang on to players like Bruno whilst we're building towards that

Howe says Bruno has no escape clause in his contract:

"If there was another Bruno - please let us know. They don't grow on trees let me tell you, that was an incredible piece of business really. Not just as the footballer as well.

"You have to consider the person as well. Bruno is a brilliant lad who came here when the club was in a relegation battle with no conditions and no way out, no escape clause. He wanted to fight and that showed real human qualities. He was all in from day one and that is reflected in how well he's done here."

Howe went on: "We're trying to build a squad here that we feel can take the club to be successful over the next few years and we want to build that squad and enhance the group - not take away our best players."

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...liant-24797323

He won’t be going anywhere this summer. However, you have to think we’ll have a big job on our hands to keep him next year if we don’t qualify for Europe. The kid is quality and should be playing at the highest level.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    He won’t be going anywhere this summer. However, you have to think we’ll have a big job on our hands to keep him next year if we don’t qualify for Europe. The kid is quality and should be playing at the highest level.
    Yep, exactly this. Couple of weeks left in the window and we might yet spring a surprise in terms of bringing someone big in but I don't see Bruno leaving at all. I suspect we'll do something in January, especially if we're off the pace (which we will be if we don't bring a couple in before September).

This type of rumour can only be good news for us. Bruno’s going nowhere but it’ll encourage the club to push on faster, knowing that players like him could get itchy feet if we take too long to qualify for Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by 18nufc92 View Post
    I reckon the onus is now on the ownership to show they are serious and add to the squad with quality before then - even if it means slightly overpaying, dare I say it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)