+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: PL/FA and other funding to CAFC..

PL/FA and other funding to CAFC..

I think I need to make an apology as the external funding to EFL clubs including ours is shown below (£1.2m) and to be honest is quite considerable and pity the club doesn't share this information to fans as its quite or more than relevant when funding for the club, first team and academy is concerned. I may be wrong a little bit but the funding that is provided is very considerable and why perhaps our club persists with the Cat2 academy as they would probably lose a huge chunk if they downgraded or eliminated it.. Therefore its a pointless exercise to keep on about this. These figures are couple of years old and probably been increased since...This has put me out of my misery.... The club needs to be a bit more proactive with all this imo...As we don't know how much the club itself put in and why we keep appointing coaches and managers as someone else is paying lol..

https://resources.premierleague.com/...-Alexandra.pdf
    Last edited by MikeSB; 19-08-2022 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Same source shows every league club including Crawley Town that gets ZERO for their academy..

and less than half our funds from the PL/FA etc

https://resources.premierleague.com/...awley-Town.pdf

So when the figure was suggested a couple of years ago that our academy was costing the club £760,000 per season that could well have been from outside the club and maybe others here knew all that or the club was using that as an excuse for paying lowish wages...Maybe not, I don't know!

Sorry its £716,000 contribution to our academy and possibly all the club pays is under £50K per season? Just guessing!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 19-08-2022 at 03:13 PM.

❤️❤️