+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Fleetwood v Derby

Matchday Thread: Fleetwood v Derby

To my mind, the first match to truly demonstrate how the mighty have fallen, a game against ateam who, last time Derby were in the top flight, were bumbling round in the Northern Premier League. Just goes to show there'snot such thing as success for a 'big' club

Anyone dare to predict a Derby win?

To me it just shows the fluidity lower down the leagues. Throughout most of our lifetimes the top has been dominated by two Merseyside clubs, two from Manchester and two from London. There have been occasional infiltrations from the likes of ourselves, Leeds, Villa, Blackburn and a couple of others I don’t like to mention on here. Equally clubs like us, Bolton, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Oldham, Bradford and Barnsley have all known much better times while Man City, Southampton, Wolves and Villa have all been down to the third tier before bouncing back.
    Fleetwood are where they are because they deserve to be, as are the likes of Forest Green, and good luck to them (except tomorrow) and so are we...tomorrow will be tough because it’s classic David v wannabe Goliath. Hope the outcome is different...1-1.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    To me it just shows the fluidity lower down the leagues. Throughout most of our lifetimes the top has been dominated by two Merseyside clubs, two from Manchester and two from London. There have been occasional infiltrations from the likes of ourselves, Leeds, Villa, Blackburn and a couple of others I don’t like to mention on here. Equally clubs like us, Bolton, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Oldham, Bradford and Barnsley have all known much better times while Man City, Southampton, Wolves and Villa have all been down to the third tier before bouncing back.
    Fleetwood are where they are because they deserve to be, as are the likes of Forest Green, and good luck to them (except tomorrow) and so are we...tomorrow will be tough because it’s classic David v wannabe Goliath. Hope the outcome is different...1-1.
    I know it wasn't an exhaustive list but few with a bigger bounce than Luton, Gawd save us from those depths though

Last time I was in Fleetwood it was freezing cold, hissing it down, blowing a gale and the sea was coming over the wall and across the road and me and the missus were waiting for a tram with 3 screaming kids. The tram never came!!
    I don't like Fleetwood and need revenge!
    However, like England cricketers (allegedly) we will be toothless and lose 1 - 0.

Seems a tad despondent on here tonight. Think back a few months. We’re doing okay...finding our feet at a new level under a new manager.
    Nobody said it would be easy...or that we’d bounce back at the first attempt, but there’s absolutely no sign of us sinking like Luton either.

I'm optimistic, we ahve certainly not been bad at al and IMO unlucky not to have more points on the board. We will click one game and give some team a thrashing! Will it be tomorrow? Not sure but I'm going for 2-0 to the Rams!

Seems a tad despondent on here tonight. Think back a few months. We’re doing okay...finding our feet at a new level under a new manager.
    Nobody said it would be easy...or that we’d bounce back at the first attempt, but there’s absolutely no sign of us sinking like Luton either.
    Personally, I'm not in the least despondent, quite the contrary I'm dead chuffed where we are. After all that's happened over the last year or so and the restrictions we are still afflicted by we are progressing really well. However, we are far from where we want to be and goals remain an issue and that is one that I don't see us resolving for some time! That's not a criticism but an acceptance of the situation as I see it. I bloody well hope that we duff up Fleetwood (they owe me one!) but it is that goals problem that I think will let them nick it.

One nil smash and grab!

And this is why I wamt that lot (the prem elite) to feck off amd create their stolen money elite league and let us get back to proper football competition. Division 1,2,3 and 4 name back and how it should be in my opinion,, they can also take the social media click baiters with them as well, the glory hunting “banter bruv” numpties can go with them as well. And we can also bring in the much needed wage cap.

As for the game tomorrow its not a must win as some of our lot are saying, its a game we can win and are rightful faves, but another draw isnt a bad result.

I think we’ll sneak it 1-2

COYR lets have this one.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)