+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Usyk v Joshua 2

O/T Usyk v Joshua 2

This fight has been so low key up to the build up. It's as though it's a forgotten fight but it is tomorrow night!

Simply a fight Joshua has to win or it's all over for him in the pecking order. I'm sure the incentive to meet Tyson Fury of a winner takes all belts and a purse of a staggering mind blowing £100 Million each if they ever met, will drive him on.

The last time they met, I think Joshua allowed Usyk to get to close inside and he paid the price similar to the Ruiz fight.
    Joshua's strength is his reach and height and he must change his tactics if he wants those belts back. Can actually see this being a late round win, 10/11/12 and I'll go for a Joshua win.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/62602133
    Last edited by CAMiller; 19-08-2022 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Must do better (see me after school)

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    This fight has been so low key up to the build up. It's as though it's a forgotten fight but it is tomorrow night!

Simply a fight Joshua has to win or it's all over for him in the pecking order. I'm sure the incentive to meet Tyson Fury of a winner takes all belts and a purse of a staggering mind blowing £100 Million each if they ever met, will drive him on.

The last time they met, I think Joshua allowed Usyk to get to close inside and he paid the price similar to the Ruiz fight.
    Joshua's strength is his reach and height and he must change his tactics if he wants those belts back. Can actually see this being a late round win, 10/11/12 and I'll go for a Joshua win.
    In that fight there's a boxer and an overrated hype merchant.

Either could win, it depends on the potential rematch revenue

Usyk a proper boxer...AJ can punch and that's it,too slow and self overhyped...can see usyk winning in 6 or 7

AJ will stop him. Rematches rarely go the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    AJ will stop him. Rematches rarely go the distance.
    You know your boxing pal and I too think he’ll win it.

He’s achieved loads in the last ten years since winning Olympic gold. 11 world championship wins in a row is not the work of a show pony.
    If he loses tonight his career on a world stage is all but over and I can’t see him risking that.
    AJ is going into this fight as the underdog and that is new territory for him and he seems to be relishing it and going about his business.

Tactically, I think AJ just needs to keep him at distance with the jab and grind him down. I think he will stop him by the 9th or 10th with a flurry.

Redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    He’s achieved loads in the last ten years since winning Olympic gold. 11 world championship wins in a row is not the work of a show pony.
    If he loses tonight his career on a world stage is all but over and I can’t see him risking that.
    AJ is going into this fight as the underdog and that is new territory for him and he seems to be relishing it and going about his business.

Tactically, I think AJ just needs to keep him at distance with the jab and grind him down. I think he will stop him by the 9th or 10th with a flurry.

Redemption.

Like I said earlier, 'Joshua's strength is his reach and height and he must change his tactics if he wants those belts back'

Correct mate. There’s a difference to him in the build up to tonight.

Usyk by KO

Joshua has to tag him very early on using his even more extra weight or Usyk will totally outbox him again and may even knock him out.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast