+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City Game

City Game

Predictions? I can see us putting up a good fight in a good, hostile atmosphere. I think City will ultimately prove too strong though. 0-2.
    Last edited by 18nufc92; 20-08-2022 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Improved title

I have a feeling we won’t lose? So it’s either a draw or a win for me, I stand to be shot down lol

If we play like we did against Brighton, We will get hammered. They won't miss the chances Brighton did.

I'm expecting to lose but would be over the moon with a 0-0 draw

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    I'm expecting to lose but would be over the moon with a 0-0 draw
    A clean sheet against them would be a major achievemet.

Narrow loss late on. 2-1.

1-3

Man City under 18's have just beat our's 13-0.

Yes, it depends on which Newcastle turn up. We definitely get inspired by the crowd at home so I think we'll be better than we were last week. Man City will be too good, though. They've hit their straps early and will, I think, have too much for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Yes, it depends on which Newcastle turn up. We definitely get inspired by the crowd at home so I think we'll be better than we were last week. Man City will be too good, though. They've hit their straps early and will, I think, have too much for us.
    Optimism is a brutal thing, only love can break your heart.

Pragmatically speaking I can't see us getting anything from the game, they are just too well equipped, they have multiple tactics can change shape and style using all 5 subs in the first 2 games to great effect.

Blinders on, we can gets something from the game if we dig in, get at them and things go our way. The crowd will be so important.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)