+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Derby County FC Women Thread

The Derby County FC Women Thread

DCFCW play their first competitive game of the season tomorrow v Burnley

Question for y’all is, what about a separate match day thread for the womens team? Is there any point, would anyone contribute, is this a predominantly mens team forum, do we want dilution of our fundamentally male focus when the femmes can have their own forum?

My pref is to include but I might not always remember when they are playing

Opinions anyone?

I'm all for inclusivity but wouldn't have any interest or knowledge to make any contribution. But that's never stopped me before

OK based on lack of interest here, I won't bother

Just an update on yesterday's game, Ewe Rams lost 2-3 toa goal 8 minutes into injury time

also of interest considering the massive growth in interest in the women's game after the European championships, attendance 523 which just IMO is surprisingly low considering anyone knowing a ST holder got in free, and I'm told that one bloke just mooching around with no airs and graces was David Clowes, my opinion of him rises again.

Billy no mates!

Hard luck ladies, at least you know where the onion bag is!
    My missus loved footy and cricket but her school banned girls from all contact sports and it was trouble if they were seen kicking a ball in the playground!! Thankfully, such crap is long gone and it's great to see the progress that's been made in the standard of the women's game.
    Needless to say she is dead jealous, fortunately she turned to golf and tennis and played for the County at both and, way back when, got to the latter stages of the English Girls Championship beating a number of internationals.
    Perhaps football lost a potential star!

Is there walking football for ladies of a certain vintage?

I've had two pms from people promising to contribute so I'm going to leave this as a sticky for the season rather than do matchday threads, see how we go

My mum played for Derby Ladies in 1971

Any pictures Bonus, would be interesting to see. I knew someone who played around that time but for the life of me I can't remember their name!!

Either that or Mac d
    fancied your mum, Bonus!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)