+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Should we cut our losses with Ross now.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    No way phuck we're 4 games into the league. Far too early to be getting rid of our manager.

At least give him the Celtic game next Sunday.��
    Shudder!

Far too early.

We are missing butcher and benji

The play has got to improve

Last season 5 at the back worked and we should go back to that

A lot more fight needs to be on show

We had problems under Mellon and Courts - today was a major setback though

Honestly think we wouldn't have been relegated if we'd stuck with Jackie Mac in hindsight
    Mixu lost the dressing room after his rant at the Tattiedome.
    I was never sure that Jackies heart was in it towards the end and i have my doubts that Mixu ever had the dressing room.

Have another wee dram. 🥴
    Nae prob there.

I'm not for getting rid of JR.

However I do realise his league record is not good.
    Before he left Hibs they had lost 9 (was It) in a row
    then a draw the 3 losses with us.

Hopefully we can gel (after Celtic).

If JR thinks he is capable of turning McGrath, Levitt and Harkes into a midfield unit that can provide some defensive cover to a defence already under pressure with dodgy keepers we are in deep trouble.

Can we afford to still be asking these same questions in a month though? If he can't get these players to do the basics then I'm sorry but he needs to f@ck off, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    If JR thinks he is capable of turning McGrath, Levitt and Harkes into a midfield unit that can provide some defensive cover to a defence already under pressure with dodgy keepers we are in deep trouble.

Harkes would need to be the deepest of those three, McGrath further forward, Levitt the middle of them, still don't see it being a combination that works that gives us defensive cover, Sibbald/Harkes/Levitt better option, McGrath has shown nothing, didn't rate him much at St Mirren tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I fecking hate the thought that we are in the position that a manager just in the door already looks like he has lost the dressing room. While i am minded to stick with JR, i also have in my mind how long we stuck with Jackie McNamara when it looked like all was lost!
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Harkes would need to be the deepest of those three, McGrath further forward, Levitt the middle of them, still don't see it being a combination that works that gives us defensive cover, Sibbald/Harkes/Levitt better option, McGrath has shown nothing, didn't rate him much at St Mirren tbh
    McGrath hasn't been great so far but has done better than Harkes so far this season. At Hearts last week both weren't great but at least McGrath didn't hide,at least McGrath came looking for the ball where as Harkes tended to stay near Watt and do absolutely fk all.

Biggest let down for me are the 2 Aussies and were hanging our hat on both getting in their world cup squad to earn us a few bucks......dinghies.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    McGrath hasn't been great so far but has done better than Harkes so far this season. At Hearts last week both weren't great but at least McGrath didn't hide,at least McGrath came looking for the ball where as Harkes tended to stay near Watt and do absolutely fk all.

Biggest let down for me are the 2 Aussies and were hanging our hat on both getting in their world cup squad to earn us a few bucks......dinghies.
    Our left hand side first half with McGrath and Watt was utterly pish, embarrassing in fact.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)