+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queens away form.

Queens away form.

For quite a few seasons now it has been apparent that Queens perform better away than at home. Some will say it's the artificial pitch but it is the same for the opposition who seem to have less problems with and playing on a carpet should encourage keeping the ball in the ground rather than pumping it long which has persistently been an issue.
    I would suggest, from what I hear and experience, that it is more likely to be those in the crowd that seem to criticise the players extremely vocally as soon as they make a misplaced pass which must affect their confidence on the pitch. We are supposed to be supporters and need to encourage the players rather than shout out errors immediately they happen. Many of these players are young guys who can be fragile and made extremely nervous when the crowd get on their backs early on so we need to get behind them rather than pick them out for abuse. For those that constantly persist in shouting out abuse, you know who you are, you are doing nothing to help the players or the club so cut them some slack and instead try to encourage the guys making playing at Palmerston something to look forward to rather than a stadium of pure negativity/hell.

Agree with the above. Even on this site and others there are certain posters who gain some sort of perverse pleasure in abusing others without much in the way of point. When the team wins - not a peep.

Also agree it's not the pitch causing the problems given both teams play on it. Cracking results like 4-0 victory's against Ross County and Dundee United, as well as other results, in recent seasons would back this up slightly

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    For quite a few seasons now it has been apparent that Queens perform better away than at home. Some will say it's the artificial pitch but it is the same for the opposition who seem to have less problems with and playing on a carpet should encourage keeping the ball in the ground rather than pumping it long which has persistently been an issue.
    I would suggest, from what I hear and experience, that it is more likely to be those in the crowd that seem to criticise the players extremely vocally as soon as they make a misplaced pass which must affect their confidence on the pitch. We are supposed to be supporters and need to encourage the players rather than shout out errors immediately they happen. Many of these players are young guys who can be fragile and made extremely nervous when the crowd get on their backs early on so we need to get behind them rather than pick them out for abuse. For those that constantly persist in shouting out abuse, you know who you are, you are doing nothing to help the players or the club so cut them some slack and instead try to encourage the guys making playing at Palmerston something to look forward to rather than a stadium of pure negativity/hell.
    As Wullie said in last week's Standard its a small group of fans in the Main Stand who he had a pop at and they know who they are ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    As Wullie said in last week's Standard its a small group of fans in the Main Stand who he had a pop at and they know who they are ! !
    There is a handful in the New Stand as well.

Agree completely with the above sentiments. I also frequently find myself hoping that our younger players don’t read this and P&B as the way some people talk about them online is a disgrace and must be really demoralising. Selfish, bullying behaviour, really.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Agree completely with the above sentiments. I also frequently find myself hoping that our younger players don’t read this and P&B as the way some people talk about them online is a disgrace and must be really demoralising. Selfish, bullying behaviour, really.
    A small minority, I should add

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    A small minority, I should add
    But too vocal in my opinion. It should be intimidating for the away side and never for the Queens.

It's just football. It's always been like this for any team.
    I certainly don't agree with it or participate in it but if people have paid their money's... I personally thought the booing at half time against Clyde was a bit over the top so early but expectations are high this season and rightly so. No excuses for average to poor performances.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)