+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings v Chesterfield

Player Ratings v Chesterfield

Slocombe 5 - Since when has he tried to be Maldini? He scares the life out of me when he goes wandering. Still cant catch crosses under pressure.
    Brindley - 7 as solid as anyone. Nothing fancy, but actually defended!
    Baldwin 4- Caught in possession, make an error, get injured (copy paste).
    Cameron - 4 Goes missing, jogs back. Like he wants to attack but not defend.
    Namane 5 - Long diagonals to him looked promising, but for someone with so much pace, why doesnt he use it? Cant cross it either.
    Chicksen - 6 get into some good positions, but zero end product.
    Palmer - 4 - checked out. 5 yards sideways passes. Nothing creative and didnt want to chase or tackle.
    JOB - 3 - Never want to to see him starting a game again.
    Ruben - 6 - Didnt really get involved until Austin came on, due to Namane focussed diagonals.
    Mitchell - 2 - Stands 5'10, jumps 5'2, and just terrible. Get rid.
    Langstaff - 8 - a goalscorer!
    Austin 8 - changed the game, energy and quality.
    Scott - 7 proved a good distraction with his movement and passing.
    Last edited by iamITK; 21-08-2022 at 03:01 AM.

Bajrami - 6 - didnt copy Baldwin, so thats ok for me!

Missed him, couldnt edit!

Slocombe 5 - A few good stops and can't be blamed for the goals. I wish he'd get angry and drive us on from the back.
    Nemane 5 - Too many of our players can have a good 30mins and be poor for the rest
    Brindley 6 - Solid enough
    Baldwin 6 - Liked his confidence on the ball. I thought the CBs were exposed by the lack of legs in midfield to cover them.
    Cameron 6 - I thought he tried to drive us forward. One off for the 2nd goal, did he lose his footing?
    Chicksen 4 - As good as we're going to get for someone completely out of position. Defences will always be rubbing their hands
    Palmer 6 - Redeemed by his last 30mins. LW needs to sort out the midfield roles for him to be back to his best
    O'Brien 4 - Look at Mandeville. Have we forgotten what it is to have a Mid who arrives in the box and actually does something?
    Rodrigues 5 - Will always be at the root of anything good that happens (see ball for 1st), but that was an off day for him
    Mitchell 6 - Thought he showed for the ball well and tried hard
    Langstaff 7 MOM - You can't say his all-round game was good yesterday. Who cares? He's what we've been wanting to see for years.

Austin 7 - Agree with iam - changed the game with his energy and quality.
    Scott 6 - Put himself about well, made a difference
    Bajrami 7 - Yes, that block in the wall was worth a goal. He gets a medal.
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 21-08-2022 at 03:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Slocombe 5 - A few good stops and can't be blamed for the goals. I wish he'd get angry and drive us on from the back.
    Nemane 5 - Too many of our players can have a good 30mins and be poor for the rest
    Brindley 6 - Solid enough
    Baldwin 6 - Liked his confidence on the ball. I thought the CBs were exposed by the lack of legs in midfield to cover them.
    Cameron 6 - I thought he tried to drive us forward. One off for the 2nd goal, did he lose his footing?
    Chicksen 4 - As good as we're going to get for someone completely out of position. Defences will always be rubbing their hands
    Palmer 6 - Redeemed by his last 30mins. LW needs to sort out the midfield roles for him to be back to his best
    O'Brien 4 - Look at Mandeville. Have we forgotten what it is to have a Mid who arrives in the box and actually does something?
    Rodrigues 5 - Will always be at the root of anything good that happens (see ball for 1st), but that was an off day for him
    Mitchell 6 - Thought he showed for the ball well and tried hard
    Langstaff 7 MOM - You can't say his all-round game was good yesterday. Who cares? He's what we've been wanting to see for years.

Austin 7 - Agree with iam - changed the game with his energy and quality.
    Scott 6 - Put himself about well, made a difference
    Bajrami 7 - Yes, that block in the wall was worth a goal. He gets a medal.
    I think these are closer to where I thought players performed. The original poster clearly takes issue with a few players, yet doesn’t call out what was a bad day at the office for Ruben.
    I enjoyed the comeback, but not the overall performance.
    We don’t have the players to play the system effectively. At least we played with 2 strikers and got Langstaff some support. I look forward to seeing a fully fit Scott partnering Langstaff, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think these are closer to where I thought players performed. The original poster clearly takes issue with a few players, yet doesn’t call out what was a bad day at the office for Ruben.
    I enjoyed the comeback, but not the overall performance.
    We don’t have the players to play the system effectively. At least we played with 2 strikers and got Langstaff some support. I look forward to seeing a fully fit Scott partnering Langstaff, hopefully in the not too distant future.
    Pretty sure I said RR wasnt involved due to the long cross field balls to Namane for the first hour. Came into his own when Austin came on. Sure i said that.

Slocombe 6- felt sorry for him yesterday. Plays it short, fans are screaming at him to ‘gerrit forward.’ Plays it long, comes straight back as our forward two didn’t win a single long ball. Not one.
    Brindley 4- didn’t get tight enough and was bullied throughout.
    Cameron 5- again didn’t get tight enough. Gets an extra mark for some great balls into the box.
    Baldwin 2- awful. Simply awful.
    Nemane 4 (5/10 going forward, 3/10 coming back) he’s not a wing back, simple as that.
    Chicksen 5/10- another one I felt sorry for. Trying to drive us forward but never had an option in front of him apart from trying to take on two players. Crossing was poor, lacks pace.
    Palmer 5/10- worse game I’ve seen him play for us. He was bullied and had no support.
    JOB 3/10- I said preseason if he starts games, something has gone wrong. Never got close to them. Something has gone wrong.
    Mitchell 3/10- Him playing means we desperately miss Wootton. Nowhere near strong enough. Had a couple of chances and tried to get involved but Langstaff needs physicality next to him.
    Langstaff 7/10- scored 2 goals. His job was done.

Austin/Scott 7/10- changed the game instantly by adding pressure and physicality further up the pitch.
    Bajrami 6/10-

I’m summary, it was the worst 60 mins I’ve seen us play in the National League. We were outfought, outthought and were second best in every area.
    We’re playing a system that completely relies on wingbacks, but are playing two people that aren’t wingbacks.
    I have no criticism of Langstaff, he did his job, but we badly missed Wootton’s physicality.
    Unless we make further signings, or possibly change the system, I feel we’ve signed Langstaff a season too late!
    Last edited by kill_the_drum; 21-08-2022 at 07:06 AM.

Missed out Ruben 5/10- never really got on the ball and influenced the game. Langstaff played a through ball in the last few mins and he didn’t even attempt to get onto it. He was dead on his feet. Not sure if that was due to hard work in the game, or a lack of fitness.

Slocombe 6. Being asked to do too much with his feet, expecting him to play like he's three years younger. Neither are now fault,
    Brindley 6. Plays within himself, now has no competition.
    Cameron 5.5. Better going forwards than defemding. He's well capable of being a bruiser but it's not want the club wants.
    Baldwin 5. Similar to Cameron, good footballer, but not a great game.
    Chicksen 6. Great attitude, great LB but not a natural wing back.
    JOB. 5.5. He shouldn't be starting, not his fault, still plays some good creative balls but he's got old legs. He's getting booked for late tackles because he can't get there and n time any more.
    Palmer 6. Not his best game but has absolutely no competition and nowhere near enough help in there.
    RR. 5.5. Being asked to play too deep, being asked to be a tackling midfielder which he isn't.
    Nemane 6. Offered our main attacking threat, kept going and didn't hide, taking his man on.
    Mitchell 5.5. I feel for the bloke, no lack of effort, I want him to score a few but he's not a strong hold up player like Wootten or poacher like Langstaff. Not sure he's going to make it. He's reacting rather than anticipating and looks short of belief.
    Langstaff 9. Most natural finisher we've had since Lee Hughes. Feed him and he'll just keep scoring.

Austin 7. Bright, energetic, real handful , changed the game.
    Scott 6. He made Chesterfield s defence work, won a few in the air and put himself about.
    Bejrami 7. Looked robust and good enough to start. Very brave taking that piledriver full on.

We were second best for an hour. Midfield needs urgent improvement. I wouldn't be sad to see Francis, Taylor, O'Brien all loaned out to get more in as we need a couple who can drop straight into the first team. No keeper cover either and it's clear we can't cobble together a central midfield that's of the standard needed.
    Still not convinced a back three suits us, we've good full backs but not great wingbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Slocombe 6. Being asked to do too much with his feet, expecting him to play like he's three years younger. Neither are now fault,
    Brindley 6. Plays within himself, now has no competition.
    Cameron 5.5. Better going forwards than defemding. He's well capable of being a bruiser but it's not want the club wants.
    Baldwin 5. Similar to Cameron, good footballer, but not a great game.
    Chicksen 6. Great attitude, great LB but not a natural wing back.
    JOB. 5.5. He shouldn't be starting, not his fault, still plays some good creative balls but he's got old legs. He's getting booked for late tackles because he can't get there and n time any more.
    Palmer 6. Not his best game but has absolutely no competition and nowhere near enough help in there.
    RR. 5.5. Being asked to play too deep, being asked to be a tackling midfielder which he isn't.
    Nemane 6. Offered our main attacking threat, kept going and didn't hide, taking his man on.
    Mitchell 5.5. I feel for the bloke, no lack of effort, I want him to score a few but he's not a strong hold up player like Wootten or poacher like Langstaff. Not sure he's going to make it. He's reacting rather than anticipating and looks short of belief.
    Langstaff 9. Most natural finisher we've had since Lee Hughes. Feed him and he'll just keep scoring.

Austin 7. Bright, energetic, real handful , changed the game.
    Scott 6. He made Chesterfield s defence work, won a few in the air and put himself about.
    Bejrami 7. Looked robust and good enough to start. Very brave taking that piledriver full on.

We were second best for an hour. Midfield needs urgent improvement. I wouldn't be sad to see Francis, Taylor, O'Brien all loaned out to get more in as we need a couple who can drop straight into the first team. No keeper cover either and it's clear we can't cobble together a central midfield that's of the standard needed.
    Still not convinced a back three suits us, we've good full backs but not great wingbacks.
    We have a back three because of the midfield issues. The fact we've had this system for 2 years and no fixes yet is most worrying

Over to the Recruitment Team.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast