+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Throstles

Id normally want to go out of this early but glad weve got through the first couple of rounds this year

Good for morale and another 90 minutes under their belts

And if we can get say another home tie against a club further down weve a chance of reaching round 4 which is good financially for us as well

Clearly we're just too good right now!

Hmmm...very encouraging. Seems like Oduroh, Knight, Rooney and Sibs have provided particular food for thought.
    Let’s hope we can build on it on Saturday when a repeat performance from last February would do nicely.

Well I think I'll keep foecasting a defeat in the hope it works every time! Got to be pleased with that now bring on the papa johns/checkatrade thingyme trophy!!

Put ourselves in difficulty twice in the opening 10 minutes but got away with tippy tappy when it should have been a longer ball. Last 10 they were also in the ascendency but couldn't find the net. In between we looked good and, at times, excellent. Reminded me a bit of the MU/Pool game on Monday (and the Fulham/Pool game 2 weeks earlier). With younger players on the park there was more energy, more pace, more intent and intensity. There's the old adage of you don't win owt with kids but it's also true that when you attack you should do it at speed. With that in mind, I think Sibs and Dobbin should start against Posh. They seem to be working well together.

Having heard Liam's post match comments on Didzy, I think he'll start on the bench with Collins starting. Usual back 5, Bird and Hourihane, Dobbin Sibs and one of Barkhuizen/NML, Collins up top.

Having only watched the highlights it seems both teams were committed to getting a result, perhaps there is a greater freedom at this stage of the comp compared to a league match. This opens play up and was I am sure well worth the gate fee to go. I am sure the 10,000 odd thoroughly enjoyed it despite the many changes to both teams.
    Well done lads, another game in the rebuilding process.

I repeat, MA, wtf is Didzy?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I repeat, MA, wtf is Didzy?
    Calm down GP...it’s McGoldrick’s nickname I believe. Do try and keep up...

Really? Any idea why?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Really? Any idea why?
    No idea GP. I've heard Liam and several players refer to him in that way. BTW - did you know Rocky was at the match, sat next to Curtis Davies?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)