+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bloody hell Lee!!!

Bloody hell Lee!!!

I was just reading FB. I do hope your ok my mate.
    I'm waffling away about unimportant football and had no idea that you had been taken so poorly.

All my love mate, and hope your recovering ok.

Take it easy!! I'm not posting on my own on here.

Good morning phill.
    I am doing OK and didn't want to worry anymore with my condition,especially on a football board.
    Yes last Wednesday I was taken to hospital with the inability to talk,later finding out I had a stroke.
    The doctors were happy to discharge me on Saturday with all tests done.
    I know I have to change in a few things including how I react to certain situations (football included)I got lucky in regards to speech being all that was affected.
    Speech therapy and rest is the order of the day.
    Thankyou for being there to chat to and allowing me an outlet away from what happened.
    I must not allow football to effect my mood and simply shrug if I can.
    Won't be easy,especially supporting a very up and down club like us.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Good morning phill.
    I am doing OK and didn't want to worry anymore with my condition,especially on a football board.
    Yes last Wednesday I was taken to hospital with the inability to talk,later finding out I had a stroke.
    The doctors were happy to discharge me on Saturday with all tests done.
    I know I have to change in a few things including how I react to certain situations (football included)I got lucky in regards to speech being all that was affected.
    Speech therapy and rest is the order of the day.
    Thankyou for being there to chat to and allowing me an outlet away from what happened.
    I must not allow football to effect my mood and simply shrug if I can.
    Won't be easy,especially supporting a very up and down club like us.
    You are my friend and we have chatted for many years. What we chat about on here is not important, its just football.
    We all get carried away with our emotions, if we win I have a good weekend. If we lose I get really fed up and arsey with people.
    Its what we do as fans, we are mad.
    This is important and I just want you to be ok, don't ever worry about chatting to me about anything. You may not want to bring it here, and I am sorry if I have brought this up in a place you may not have had wanted it sharing, I can just as easy message you on FB.
    All that matters is you are ok, you had warning and now you need to recover and take care. Its always scary but please look after yourself. Nothing is more important than that. You have a really lovely partner/wife so make sure you stay safe yeah?!!

If you want to take your mind off things and just chat footy on here, cool I am here.
    If you are worried and just want a chat feel free to contact me on here or on FB.

Just make sure you take care and rest! X

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    You are my friend and we have chatted for many years. What we chat about on here is not important, its just football.
    We all get carried away with our emotions, if we win I have a good weekend. If we lose I get really fed up and arsey with people.
    Its what we do as fans, we are mad.
    This is important and I just want you to be ok, don't ever worry about chatting to me about anything. You may not want to bring it here, and I am sorry if I have brought this up in a place you may not have had wanted it sharing, I can just as easy message you on FB.
    All that matters is you are ok, you had warning and now you need to recover and take care. Its always scary but please look after yourself. Nothing is more important than that. You have a really lovely partner/wife so make sure you stay safe yeah?!!

If you want to take your mind off things and just chat footy on here, cool I am here.
    If you are worried and just want a chat feel free to contact me on here or on FB.

Just make sure you take care and rest! X
    Puts things in perspective. If you need advice on how to react to an up and down club I could well be your go to man.

I prefer the day around the football with my daughter, and the football becomes secondary. I dont worry about what I cant control.

We have been up and down over the last decade more than a prostitutes knickers

Thankyou both of you.
    I am quite fortunate(if you can call it that)that my speech is all that's gone wrong and the therapy is helping already.
    Getting worked up over 22 men kicking a ball around is ridiculous but something that's easier said than done.
    My daughters and my wife were worried sick and the look on their faces was enough to make that change alone.
    Couple of deep breaths and half a dozen pints should do the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Thankyou both of you.
    I am quite fortunate(if you can call it that)that my speech is all that's gone wrong and the therapy is helping already.
    Getting worked up over 22 men kicking a ball around is ridiculous but something that's easier said than done.
    My daughters and my wife were worried sick and the look on their faces was enough to make that change alone.
    Couple of deep breaths and half a dozen pints should do the trick.
    Look, we are all guilty! Look at this thoroughly decent chap taking the time to post. I was so rude and obnoxious to him!! All down to football. We can slate Rovers, but woe be tide anyone else doing it! How pathetic is that!

I let Football ruin weekends. I say I dont care but I do.
    My best friend Matt died of pancreatic cancer recently. i promised I would make more of this precious life we have. I quickly forgot all of that once the football started and I went back to being a knob again.

You will get back to normal speech again, just don't rush. Take your time and get better.
    If you think your going to get angry say about Rovers, post here call it out and us 3 can figure it out before it turns into anything else.

I promise you, that things will improve and you will just have to take things easy from here on in. And if we can support you in any way, we will. Lets not bottle things up, if you need a chat, a moan or just a laugh we are here.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Look, we are all guilty! Look at this thoroughly decent chap taking the time to post. I was so rude and obnoxious to him!! All down to football. We can slate Rovers, but woe be tide anyone else doing it! How pathetic is that!

I let Football ruin weekends. I say I dont care but I do.
    My best friend Matt died of pancreatic cancer recently. i promised I would make more of this precious life we have. I quickly forgot all of that once the football started and I went back to being a knob again.

You will get back to normal speech again, just don't rush. Take your time and get better.
    If you think your going to get angry say about Rovers, post here call it out and us 3 can figure it out before it turns into anything else.

I promise you, that things will improve and you will just have to take things easy from here on in. And if we can support you in any way, we will. Lets not bottle things up, if you need a chat, a moan or just a laugh we are here.
    I’ve been the same back tbf, but it’s not worth it when you think about it. Clubs should be more grateful of passionate fans

My elder brother died of cancer nearly 21 years ago aged 25, and it’s certainly a leveller

A couple of things from family members who’ve had strokes and speech has been affected is frustration at knowing what to say but not being able to say it! Put succinctly by a doctor- her brains not properly connected to her mouth at the minute - not sure you’d get away with that statement nowadays but as funnily put as it was, I understood it!

I think with any illness/recent health scares you have to accept you’ll have good days, bad days and some days better than others. The key I suppose is to not get frustrated and wherever / if possible, exercise .

I think I can be accused of being quick to blow up,then calm down.
    This time I need to try and avoid the blowing up first.
    There will be moments this still happens but honestly changes need to be made.
    Thankyou both for taking time out to think of me,I appreciate it.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)