+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 injuries and a suspension

4 injuries and a suspension

AM says he needs to be creative to get players in. Rumours abound that no-one wants to take Finney (Snr) or Griffiths off our hands, loan-wise. Loaning (or unloading) players out is usually what is meant about being creative, so what to do? Assuming Grant is serious when suggesting that the window may be closed for us, what can be done in the short and long-term to put a team together.
    Possible inclusions to cover the latest absentee could be: Tabiner; Finney Snr; Finney Jnr; or Leshabela. One of the possible reasons that O Finney is out of favour (apart from being crap) is his lack of contribution to a game. Last time he played he had to be told to run. Leshabela had more time to show us what he can do against N'ton and was OK. However, he can't play wide. Tabiner can and if Finney junior can be a LB he could possibly pay wide front.
    In the longer term AM wants to loan out the youngsters to give them experience of men's football but the squad is quite bare at the moment.
    Whatever happened to the 2 PL youngsters who were mooted to come?

My money is on Uwakwe to play further forward, and Lashabala to take his place in midfield, as happened on Saturday. I think the more concerning element to all this is the threadbare nature of the squad. AM himself admitted, on his latest OS interview, that 16 players had gone out the door, with only eight coming in to replace them. Our bench for this coming Saturday will likely have Dave Ruchards, BSD, Finney Snr and Griffiths as our only 'experienced' players, none of whom are going to come off the bench to change the game for us if we're chasing the game. Even with no injuries, our bench is probably a little light on options. I'm not one of those fans that cries for the moon, demanding that the club spends boat loads of cash it just hasn't got (and, to be clear, I'm not accusing any of this forum's users of that). I don't want see our club 'do a Bury' after all. However, I do think the board need to perform some sort of cost/benefit analysis before deciding that the purse strings are closed, especially given our encouraging start to the season. It would only take another injury or two, and we'll be in the position of having to play our first year pro's, probably in positions that aren'tnatural to them. A little investment now could see the team build on this good start, and cement their place as one of the league's most feared teams. Don't invest, and we could see ourselves unable to compete in games, tumbling down the league, with all the attendant loss of confidence, etc. that comes with that, and we've all seen where that leads..

Brilliant post AG - spot on!

The concerns of fans/forumites about the lack of depth in the squad has been brutally exposed.

The good thing is that AM agrees.

Fingers crossed for Saturday 🤞

Just going back to the reference to Bury in AGs post ...

Don't think that other clubs/EFL/PL etc will help us out.

If you want to see how alarming Administration is, go onto the Derby Fans Forum (dcfcfans.uk).

Derby were only rescued because a very loyal fan happened to also have a successful business.

After watching the U21 highlights, I was very impressed. Our first goal is top-drawer (imo)

Their is some good players coming thru.

Well worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    After watching the U21 highlights, I was very impressed. Our first goal is top-drawer (imo)

Their is some good players coming thru.

Well worth watching!
    Agree with that just wish the camera would zoom in a little more

The Chairman said we are 2m pounds down on last season. I don't know why that is but he said that loss is being covered by the BoD and so its difficult to see where any NEW money is coming from for additional players unless they borrow a chunk from the bank and that as we know can lead anywhere. I wonder if the Hassall payout for his shares has depleted the accounts? We must try and keep the injuries down and its possible we could borrow one or two players from other club providing they keep paying their wages?

It would appear that loan players will be the only option.

How is your health Mike, are you on the mend after your op?

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    It would appear that loan players will be the only option.

How is your health Mike, are you on the mend after your op?
    Hi mate, thanks for asking. Its a bit complicated and so can let you know by email if you are interested.

ATB,

Mike.
    Last edited by MikeSB; 24-08-2022 at 04:58 PM.

Look forward to your email Mike

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast