+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ...and Bradford City

Evened out a bit but there's a constant gap on the inside of Zac Williams

Competent 1st half performance. Bradford remind me of us last season- moving the ball around a lot but not a lot pace or urgency to it. I imagine Hughes will change it for the second half- I hope Morris is anticipating this.
    We could do with a few more options up front. Had some really good crosses but noone on the end of them. Impressed by King.

Good result (imo)

Noticeable that Bradford made 4 subs, whereas we only made one ...

Eli King playing full 90 mins literally within hours of arriving - brilliant!!

Yes King's clearly done well, and his arrival allowed us to use Uwakwe further forward where we were really short. Sambou now available again which will give us the option of fresh attacking legs next week. Not surprised we made only the one sub as things were.

Where on earth did this ref get 7 added minutes?

Managed to go in the end. Most of the previous comments I will go with but just to reiterate very impressed with King. Fantastic disciplined mature performance way beyond his years.

Super point , well deserved thought we played really well , Despite all the criticism Arthur never put a foot wrong, King's debut was one of the best performances from a loanee I’ve seen he never wasted a pass and tackled superb. Good job our management team know what was required to fill the gap. Only one performance but an inspired signing so far.

Have to concur with above. Much relieved that, on this performance, King seems to be a worthwhile dip in the loan market.
    Really impressed with all-round performance. Arthur had a good game without being tested much. Kelvin was man of the match for me despite visibly hurting in the last 15 minutes.
    Bit pissed off with media coverage (except ITV) and Mark Hughes's comment were a joke. They didn't dominate and we didn't operate a low block. 2 penalty appeals were absolute desperation on BCs part.
    We were impressively organised and didn't over commit. There were times towards the end when it got a bit nerve wracking as we didn't keep the ball but a very satisfying performance.
    Morris certainly seems to know what he's doing. However, I am looking forward to a time when we attack teams a bit more🙂

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Have to concur with above. Much relieved that, on this performance, King seems to be a worthwhile dip in the loan market.
    Really impressed with all-round performance. Arthur had a good game without being tested much. Kelvin was man of the match for me despite visibly hurting in the last 15 minutes.
    Bit pissed off with media coverage (except ITV) and Mark Hughes's comment were a joke. They didn't dominate and we didn't operate a low block. 2 penalty appeals were absolute desperation on BCs part.
    We were impressively organised and didn't over commit. There were times towards the end when it got a bit nerve wracking as we didn't keep the ball but a very satisfying performance.
    Morris certainly seems to know what he's doing. However, I am looking forward to a time when we attack teams a bit more🙂
    I would hate playing football nowadays as you can have the ball 80% of the time and create hardly any chances on goal or you can spend time defending the same amount of time and ditto chances. The whole point about football is scoring goals and nothing else. Of course MH will say they dominated and accuse teams of not attacking but that is the game nowadays. He knows that and how far the mighty fallen when he is in charge of a L2 team.

Strikers are as scarce as dobby horse xxx...well you know but they are like gold dust and when defenders can attract transfer fees of 60m we have truly lost the plot of the game and what is needed is some brave managers to start playing with 5 forwards again. AM won't because like most managers he has been brought up with the game we have...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I would hate playing football nowadays as you can have the ball 80% of the time and create hardly any chances on goal or you can spend time defending the same amount of time and ditto chances. The whole point about football is scoring goals and nothing else. Of course MH will say they dominated and accuse teams of not attacking but that is the game nowadays. He knows that and how far the mighty fallen when he is in charge of a L2 team.

Strikers are as scarce as dobby horse xxx...well you know but they are like gold dust and when defenders can attract transfer fees of 60m we have truly lost the plot of the game and what is needed is some brave managers to start playing with 5 forwards again. AM won't because like most managers he has been brought up with the game we have...
    Give it a rest ffs

The Alex currently play with 4 forwards, so not far off! Where MSB will part company is that those 4 have more than being a forward in their remit. Gone are the days of 3 players waiting, hands on hips, on the halfway line for the ball to be booted towards them while inside forwards trundle just behind. Players cover infinitely more ground and passing is a key part of the game as is hard work.
    The days of '5 forwards', ended with 3-6 and 1-7 defeats to the Mighty Magyars who were a truly footballing (and coached!) nation that used tactics and skill not really used to the same extent in England at that time.
    This era was then succeeded by the 'Revie Plan, then Walter Winterbottom's 'revolutionary' 4-2-4, soon followed by Ramsey's 'Wingless Wonders'. So you see, the 'Old days' really were a long time ago.🙂

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast