+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ...and Bradford City

...and Bradford City

Well this is going to be interesting innit

Gotta stay positive - the good thing is that we are still getting goals, which means we've always got a chance.

Going for 2-2, with Bradford equalising in the 101st minute

Agyei to score first

Got to feel this may be a step too far for us, with the current injuries - 2-1 defeat (and would love us to make it 2-2 in the 101st minute instead!)

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    Got to feel this may be a step too far for us, with the current injuries - 2-1 defeat (and would love us to make it 2-2 in the 101st minute instead!)
    I think they always tend to beat us but not sure they have the team they used to...Anyone remember Bronco Laine playing for them many years ago at Gresty Road? Bradford Park Avenue used to be around in those days..

The score probably a loss 2-1...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I think they always tend to beat us but not sure they have the team they used to...Anyone remember Bronco Laine playing for them many years ago at Gresty Road? Bradford Park Avenue used to be around in those days..

The score probably a loss 2-1...
    Just looked Bonco Layne played for Brad City 1960-62..scored 34 goals...I was just a mere lad of 15 back then standing at the Railway end and BL wore a cowboy hat while playing and why he had that nickname.....62 years ago! . How did he head the ball? Dunno!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Just looked Bonco Layne played for Brad City 1960-62..scored 34 goals...I was just a mere lad of 15 back then standing at the Railway end and BL wore a cowboy hat while playing and why he had that nickname.....62 years ago! . How did he head the ball? Dunno!
    Fantastic story, never heard of that one ...

Q. How did he head the ball ?
    A. Terribly !

Not forgetting our 5-1 last match of the season away win there. Donaldson got 2 or 3; ended up being leading scorer in the division. One of our goals went in from the byline (Zola??) It was so unlikely that it took a while for fans and players alike to realise it had gone in.
    Forecast...? Er 2-0 loss.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Not forgetting our 5-1 last match of the season away win there. Donaldson got 2 or 3; ended up being leading scorer in the division. One of our goals went in from the byline (Zola??) It was so unlikely that it took a while for fans and players alike to realise it had gone in.
    Forecast...? Er 2-0 loss.
    Pretty sure that goal by Zola was in 2009 (2009-10 season) early on in the game which we won 3-2. He scored twice before Bradford drew level with Schumacher getting our winner. Definitely remember not realising it was a goal along with everybody else in the stadium. Not so confident about tomorrow, going to go with a 1-3 loss. Can't make it unfortunately but will be listening in.
    Just checked May 2011 Bradford 1 - Alex 5, Shelley 2, Miller 2, Donaldson 1. Happy days.

Bradford seem to be struggling to find consistency. They're only three points behind us, but I'm not convinced they've played as well as we have. On the flip side, we are still without any real assets on our bench, despite our midweek signing (not convinced we needed another central midfielder. It's further forward where we're lacking). I see a similar game to Northampton here. Them dominating the ball, but us looking the more threatening, but tiring, and letting them back into the game as the second half moves on. Score draw. 1 - 1.

Eli King starting !

Surprised we're only playing in our own 40% of the pitch.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast