+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Away ticket news

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Sheffield United is priority points
    Saturday 10th September is a 3.00pm

The prices for this fixture are:

Adult 22-59: £33.00

Senior 60 and over: £26.00

Disabled: £26.00

Young Adult 18-21: £21.00

Full time student with valid ID: £21.00

Under 18: £15.40

9am Thursday 25th August

Tickets are on sale to 2022/23 season ticket holders with 1100 or more priority points, strictly 1 ticket per supporter.

9am Friday 26th August

Tickets are on sale to 2022/23 season ticket holders with 1000 or more priority points, strictly 1 ticket per supporter.

9am Tuesday 30th August

Tickets are on sale to 2022/23 season ticket holders with 900 or more priority points, strictly 1 ticket per supporter.

9am Wednesday 31st August

Tickets are on sale to 2022/23 season ticket holders with 700 or more priority points, strictly 1 ticket per supporter.

9am Thursday 1st September

Tickets are on sale to 2022/23 season ticket holders with 500 or more priority points, strictly 1 ticket per supporter.

9am Friday 2nd September

Tickets are on sale to 2022/23 season ticket holders with 230 or more priority points, strictly 1 ticket per supporter.

9am Saturday 3rd September

Tickets are on sale to Millers Mayday Members, strictly 1 ticket per supporter.

9am Monday 5th September

Tickets are on sale to any supporters with 200 or more priority points, strictly 1 ticket per supporter.

12pm Monday 5th September

Tickets are on sale to any supporters with 100 or more priority points, strictly 1 ticket per supporter.

9am Tuesday 6th September

Tickets are on sale to any supporters with 10 or more priority points, strictly 1 ticket per supporter.

12pm Tuesday 6th September

Tickets go on general sale. Supporters will be able to buy up to a total of 5 tickets per customer number. If supporters have already bought tickets in any other period of sales, they will only be able to purchase additional tickets to the total of 5 tickets.
    On sale today to them that have 900 points, tomorrow will be 700 points
    This daily points thing is stupid just do every third day or something

Bump

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Still too high though pal considering folks’ purse strings these days. Okay I get the pension rate but it’s still £26 which is more than a normal full ticket at ours.

It’s others I’m thinking of having to pay £33, it’s too high and pure greed, must be a Sheffield thing.
    Home fans are being charged the same price.

It’s not received much publicity but Sheff Utd have slightly copied Wednesday high price policy but not quite as bad.

What I mean is the SU pay on the day prices are one of the highest in the league. However the season ticket prices are reasonable priced.

So buying a ST to watch SU becomes a no brainer, hence 23K were sold this year. This guarantees at worse an excellent 26K average attendance.

I always miss about 6 home games a season so it’s normally not financially viable to buy a season ticket, however due to the pricing difference even if I miss 6 home games a season paying up from for a ST is still a relative bargain for home fans. So I’m kind of forced to buy a ST meaning our support remains high.

Also the away end at Sheff Utd is quite small holding 2.5K, so we can afford to deter some away fans with slightly higher prices.

Got our tickets today and was told that we have sold 2200 of the 2700 we've got.They go on general sale tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by almostsignedmaradona View Post
    Home fans are being charged the same price.

It’s not received much publicity but Sheff Utd have slightly copied Wednesday high price policy but not quite as bad.

What I mean is the SU pay on the day prices are one of the highest in the league. However the season ticket prices are reasonable priced.

So buying a ST to watch SU becomes a no brainer, hence 23K were sold this year. This guarantees at worse an excellent 26K average attendance.

I always miss about 6 home games a season so it’s normally not financially viable to buy a season ticket, however due to the pricing difference even if I miss 6 home games a season paying up from for a ST is still a relative bargain for home fans. So I’m kind of forced to buy a ST meaning our support remains high.

Also the away end at Sheff Utd is quite small holding 2.5K, so we can afford to deter some away fans with slightly higher prices.
    almostsignedmaradona, thanks for your view on this. I think it's always better to buy a season ticket no matter if you cannot get to all the games.

I'm surprised you say Sheff Utd have slightly copied Wednesdays high price policy. Surely this deters away fans and although you go on to say
    'the away end at Sheff Utd is quite small holding 2.5K, so we can afford to deter some away fans with slightly higher prices', surely this is damaging to the home fans pricing policy making them pay more for absent away fans?

I suppose if you as a club are looking to attract the £20,000+ weekly earners, the home fans have to heavily help subsidise this somehow.

As a small fanbase, us Millers are looked after quite well by our Chairman, we cannot though in turn sign the big earners but, we love our club and what we achieve. We haven't done bad of late have we?
    Last edited by Brin; 05-09-2022 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    almostsignedmaradona, thanks for your view on this. I think it's always better to buy a season ticket no matter if you cannot get to all the games.

I'm surprised you say Sheff Utd have slightly copied Wednesdays high price policy. Surely this deters away fans and although you go on to say
    D
    Both clubs would say the proof is in the pudding.

When SWFC increased their pay on the day prices to rip off levels, their owner said "pay on the day" people weren't proper fans and he encouraged all Wednesday fans to buy season tickets which weren't too badly priced. This resulted in SW having record season ticket sales and also lead to an increase in average attendances. When you're a season ticket holder even if you don't attend a match you're still included in the attendance.

United have increased their pay on the day prices, not to the eye watering rip off levels of £40, although whilst on league 1 SW have now lowered all their prices and are lower than what SU charge. Anyhow these "pay on the day" prices don't effect me as I'm in with the record 23K season ticket holders, which are reasonable priced and look a total bargain compared to pay on the day prices.

Makes me wonder if SU, the safety committee and the police would prefer to deter a huge number of away fans.
    Anyway our average is 28K and they are expecting over 30K on Saturday, so the pricing would appear successful.

Fair points. Due to the geographical very short trip on Saturday I feel that's why we'll probably sell the lot.

Good luck for the rest of the season but not for Saturday of course

Sheffield United away seating is the worst in the league ? Won’t bother going there again, because I don’t like my knees sitting on the shoulders of the person in front ! Plus seat sizes are about right for 10 year olds !

Probably merits another thread, but would be interesting to hear what the maximum price fans would pay for those who don't have season tickets.

I think the most I've paid at this level has been about 32 pounds, and anything above that I would say is getting into 'too much' territory.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Probably merits another thread, but would be interesting to hear what the maximum price fans would pay for those who don't have season tickets.

I think the most I've paid at this level has been about 32 pounds, and anything above that I would say is getting into 'too much' territory.
    Its not just the adult price, but the concession prices that make a big difference. Each club has different concession categories and charges. It would be easier if they at least did all the same concessions. Boro are charging £18 for under 18s, Sheff U £15, yet some clubs not only have cheaper tickets for U18s, but also offer concessions for younger age bands.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast