+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schools

Schools

I see schools in some areas to close for 3 days now, I can see a general strike coming.

Police warning of the possibility of civil unrest. That's what an extended run of Tory governments will get you. Combine that with the total con of Covid and people have had enough.

Anarchy just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Police warning of the possibility of civil unrest. That's what an extended run of Tory governments will get you. Combine that with the total con of Covid and people have had enough.

Anarchy just around the corner.
    No sympathy for the masses, they went along with the COVID con.

Stupid public scum

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    I see schools in some areas to close for 3 days now, I can see a general strike coming.
    Teachers like NHS staff, don't know how lucky they have it.

How come there are no strikes in England? Cooncil strikes I mean not the train drivers. How come English cooncils have money to offer decent wages but we dinny? You'd think we've had a cooncil tax freeze/voter bribe up here for years.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    How come there are no strikes in England? Cooncil strikes I mean not the train drivers. How come English cooncils have money to offer decent wages but we dinny? You'd think we've had a cooncil tax freeze/voter bribe up here for years.
    The Scottish Government kept £270 million to set up an Indyref2 department staffed by SG civil servants instead of handing this money over to the local authorities throughout Scotland.
    The Scottish Government has plenty of money hidden away which magically appears for one of their ‘pet projects’ or to deal with a financial crisis.
    The Scottish Government almost a year ago received £97 million from Westminster to deal with the cladding crisis as a result of the Grenfell Tower inferno. A couple of months ago there was an article in the Sunday Times newspaper which advised that the Scottish Government Housing Minister Ms Shona Robison had only spent £250,000 of this money.
    She was unable to explain why she had failed to spend this funding ensuring that these high rise blocks in Scotland could be repaired to allow their residents to sleep soundly in their bed at night without the fear that their tower block might go on fire.
    It wold be a different story if there were tower blocks in Broughty Ferry requiring to have money spent on them as a result of the Grenfell Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Teachers like NHS staff, don't know how lucky they have it.
    How are the NHS staff lucky?
    A family member is on less than 20k a year and know a few porters not earning a fortune?
    Is the holidays or pension to die for??
    My pals daughter just qualified as a nurse,he was basically paying a 2nd mortgage for her student accommodation while she studied for her degree in Edinburgh.
    Lucky??

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    A family member is on less than 20k a year and know a few porters not earning a fortune?
    My pals daughter just qualified as a nurse,he was basically paying a 2nd mortgage for her student accommodation while she studied for her degree in Edinburgh.
    Lucky??
    How does your family member's salary compare to another person of the same age doing equivalent work elsewhere?

I remember holidays, they get them in the NHS? Lucky *******s. Not many pensions are that great now but I know plenty ex NHS employees who are retired and don't exactly struggle so maybe the pensions aren't that bad?

What your pal experienced with his daughter isn't unique to nurse training. All students need support through their studies from parents / family - difference is most of them aren't stepping out of their studies into almost guaranteed life long employment with holidays and a decent pension at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Lucky??
    Holidays 2nd to none, pension....funded by public purse 2nd to none, industry saved by a gullible public who think they provide a guid service....it's ****e, 6 mths full pay, 6 mths half when AFF sick and NHS sickness record one of the worst in the country alongside teachers, discounts in various stores for being part of the ££££ swallowing NHS monster, pretty much unsackable and oh aye forgot you don't have to be that guid at your job just be a guid dancer.

Oh and when your performance continues to go Doon the tubes blame the Tory scum.....then go on strike demanding more money.

Jokers

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    How does your family member's salary compare to another person of the same age doing equivalent work elsewhere?

I remember holidays, they get them in the NHS? Lucky *******s. Not many pensions are that great now but I know plenty ex NHS employees who are retired and don't exactly struggle so maybe the pensions aren't that bad?

What your pal experienced with his daughter isn't unique to nurse training. All students need support through their studies from parents / family - difference is most of them aren't stepping out of their studies into almost guaranteed life long employment with holidays and a decent pension at the end of it.
    The bottom line is we need nurses/doctors so probably more opportunities once graduated.The salary was worse than some similar jobs when weekend work was in contract.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)