+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What has happened to Covid

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    What gets me just now is places advertising job vacancies yet some out there are happy to plod away on pt hours that are topped up with tax credits, folk that turn down full time hours simply because it doesn’t pay much more than what their benefits pays should be removed from receiving benefits, leave it for folk who genuinely need them
    Is that not ‘Tory scum’ attitude?

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Is that not ‘Tory scum’ attitude?
    I wouldn’t say so but some might, depends on there own thoughts, I’ve always believed in an honest days work for an honest days pay, if I needed more money I’d work extra, or go without

I wouldn’t say so but some might, depends on there own thoughts, I’ve always believed in an honest days work for an honest days pay, if I needed more money I’d work extra, or go without
    It wasn’t a criticism but nationalists would call it as that.

They don’t like people who work hard.

Seriously?

They do seem to encourage a benefits society, maybe whilst Westminster are subsidising it it’s ok with them

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Seriously?
    Thats the way I read it.

If you’re hard working and believe in looking after your own family and not relying on the state to help out, yer a Tory.

Nationalists expect the state to feed their kids during summer holidays and provide breakfast before school.

They do seem to encourage a benefits society, maybe whilst Westminster are subsidising it it’s ok with them
    It will be a different story if Scotland ever becomes an independent country.
    There will be massive public sector cuts and a large increase in taxation as there will be no block grant from Westminster known as the Barnett Formula to balance the books.

Thats the way I read it.

If you’re hard working and believe in looking after your own family and not relying on the state to help out, yer a Tory.

Nationalists expect the state to feed their kids during summer holidays and provide breakfast before school.
    None of that's true and you know it.

Maybe a bit simplistic but where do you see any sign that our nationalist party believes in local councils and local solutions to local situations? An over powerful totalitarian government is the way I see Holyrood. For balance I see a tired and clapped out Westminster as an equally unappealing alternative.

I disagree.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)