+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: O/T Singers/Bands You Don't "Get"

How about......John Lennon?
    Obviously Imagine is a classic ,but the rest,not for me thanks.

Stevie Wonder
    Bob Marley

Not convinced

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Stevie Wonder
    Bob Marley

Not convinced
    Really Grist ?
    Marley was a reggae giant, and Stevie is simply a genius,each to their own.

Reggae is all the same

Wonder is all head waving, but he made McCartney sound ok so I'll give him that

And another thing about Stevie Wonder, along with Diana Ross. They basically destroyed the Motown golden years

Agree with Grist

Johnny Cash is ok. But he’s not the legend he is made out to be.
    The vast majority of his songs are covers. They all sound the same and he wasn’t the bad boy jail bird cowboy he wanted to be.

Playing concerts in Folsom and San Quintin to murderers, rapists and nonces isn’t as cool as he thought it was.

I hate the fact some people think his version of Hurt is better than the original. I saw NIN live and they ended the set with Hurt and it was fecking genius.

Any type of Rap or c…..rap as I like to call it

Check it out yo.

Bruce Springstn, Abba, Genesis, Prince are big hitters I have been told I should love but can’t get into.

I do a music club at work where we pick an album each fortnight to listen to, so has been a good way to listen to an artist’s full album if I’ve not done it before - some big ones were Kate Bush, The Boss (didn’t change my mind), Elton John, the Cure. We do newer things too and has been a good way to dig into new stuff that’s out there.

Whoever mentioned Zappa, I totally get that despite being in a Zappa band haha. Definitely talented and hard working and lots of catchy melodies in places but challenging stuff to listen to at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Stevie Wonder
    Bob Marley

Not convinced
    Marley must have been good, people here are paying up to $300 to watch Ziggy's tribute show to his Dad at a local winery next week and it's sold out.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast