+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ipswich v Barnsley match thoughts

Ipswich v Barnsley match thoughts

Another away game that doesn't feel like a League One fixture and another big crowd expected at table topping Ipswich Town .

Third season at this level for The Tractor Boys and yet another reminder this is no easy league for anyone and your past history counts for zilch .

I've only been there 3 or 4 times and seen us win once , can't remember what year that was to be honest , I do remember a lad called Mike Turner scoring for us ( think he was a postman ?) And a 2-0 win , good ground , great pitch , decent fans and also a nice place to visit ,

First 4 league away games Plymouth, Derby, Ipswich & Sheffield Wednesday, plus Middlesborough & Leeds away in carabao cup. Tough ones for a new manager trying to find his best line up & build a decent squad.

I'm hoping Cadden returns for today's game , him and Style's alternating down our left , Kitching moving more centrally , Williams to continue in RWB position and Mccarthy on the bench, The problem then as we all know is up front , Norwood certainly needs to improve , he's been poor so far , up against a former club may bring out" hopefully "his best game so far for us , Aitchison to start , Tedic to come on 2nd half , hard to see us getting anything today , and a likely goal for Connor Chaplin , who in my opinion is/was a mistake to sell ,

Hey Acido

Good luck against Ipswich who seem to have found early form. You played decent football against us so looks like you should go well this year - still thinking playing football rather than hoofing it gets you up the leagues.

Would you be happy with a point?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponty End View Post
    First 4 league away games Plymouth, Derby, Ipswich & Sheffield Wednesday, plus Middlesborough & Leeds away in carabao cup. Tough ones for a new manager trying to find his best line up & build a decent squad.
    It was the same last season.

Very unfair. Week after week, right to the end, we always seemed to be playing teams that were above us in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It was the same last season.

Very unfair. Week after week, right to the end, we always seemed to be playing teams that were above us in the league.

ill start as they haven't kicked off yet lol

started game well first 5 mins looked promising then sat back defending a 0-0 ipswich scores close to half time, we come out in second half giving it the chest pumps and continue with the odd drop goal attempt till someone shouts its not rugby then the blues score again. we continue to be powder puff in front of goal lost sheep in midfield and statues in defence.

Name:  94298387-5CCE-47EC-8724-67A5C150D6B0.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  15.6 KB

Subs: Walton (GK), McCarthy, Cundy, Wolfe, Hondermarck, Tedic, Norwood.

BLUES: Walton (GK), Davis, Edmundson, Morsy (c), Woolfenden, Burns, Evans, Ladapo, Chaplin, John-Jules, Donacien.

Subs: Hladky (GK), Vincent-Young, Aluko, Jackson, Burgess, Ball, Harness.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Name:  94298387-5CCE-47EC-8724-67A5C150D6B0.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  15.6 KB

Subs: Walton (GK), McCarthy, Cundy, Wolfe, Hondermarck, Tedic, Norwood.

BLUES: Walton (GK), Davis, Edmundson, Morsy (c), Woolfenden, Burns, Evans, Ladapo, Chaplin, John-Jules, Donacien.

Subs: Hladky (GK), Vincent-Young, Aluko, Jackson, Burgess, Ball, Harness.
    I don't know what to make of that to be honest .

I'll leave until after the game but I've some serious concerns with our defensive lineup .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast