+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ipswich v Barnsley match thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't know what to make of that to be honest .

I'll leave until after the game but I've some serious concerns with our defensive lineup .
    NOT SURE just about sums it up perfectly.

Not the most elegant display but we had our moments could have scored a couple more I don’t think Ipswich are all that tb honest you’ve got to give lads credit at end of the day coming back twice away at league leaders hopefully stand em in good stead visiting a rampant Wednesday next week

Our season so far rolled in to one game , some lovely stuff at times and two well taken headed goals , well done to Atchison and his first for the club and some not so good stuff with our passing and ball retention absolutely awful at times .

Backs to the wall in that last 15 minutes but we held out thanks to the post and a couple of smart saves from Collins .

I thought Kitching was superb all game , yes I know but it was a weird game .

We'll not go down but neither are we anywhere near top 6 material in my opinion .

Commentary was ridiculously biased , a joke even, fully deserved the point , and on another day could have been 3 pts , plenty of chances for both team's , a draw was a fair result IMO, still a lot to do regarding improvement , but at least there was some positive sign's after last Saturday ,

I think having enforced substitutions in the first half did not help Duff but every player put a shift in & we came back twice to get a point against a team who had won their previous four & were brimming with confidence , excellent result in the grand scheme of things .

A very entertaining game particularly second half I thought.
    The lads had to dig deep and did well when the clock was running down.
    We have to stop giving the ball away cheaply it’s doing my head in.
    Ipswich used the wide areas well but I didn't find them anything special. At least we doubled their goals against tally.

Perhaps we should give Bournemouth a ring to see if they are interested in a decent Polish Centre Back !!

3 points above relegation places and 4 points from top six

40 games to go all to play for

Hey well done to the lads, it sounds like they all put a shift in and lets hope Aitchie can gain some confidence from his first goal.
    We never normally do well in this fixture, and I was convinced they were going to snatch it late on. And that would have happened last season of course!.
    Their fans are saying the ref was appalling, so it looks like all Lg One fans think the same about officials.

Av red Ipswich forums,they thought we weren't a bad side,maybe our fans including me are still in disbelief as to how we've ended up in LG 1 after playoffs,makes mi feel physically sick,if the owners were fans they would feel the same,it wouldn't,shouldn't have happened, styles needs to come out and say am gonna help us get promoted rather everyone knowing he wants off,make him captain,pay him a little more,get best out of him,we havent a player who stands head and shoulders above.1 good signing could be a game changer,Hamill.

MANAGER McKENNA MOANING THEY SHOULD HAVE WON THE GAME EASILY THEN STARTS BLAMING POOR
    REFEREE DECISIONS NO CREDIT FOR US OR SAYANG A DRAW WAS A FAIR RESULT TYPICAL COMMENTS BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T AUTOMATICALLY WIN

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast