+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The worrying trend

The worrying trend

Well that was tough,having to almost shrug at a defeat and here we are back to where we started.
    3rd time running in the league we were treated to some absolute dire stuff first half and better stuff second half.
    Hedges should of started in my opinion and his introduction showed more in terms of going forward apart from that,what did we offer?
    Wharton looked steady when he came on but beyond that?
    Injuries didn't help thats for sure.
    I haven't been blown away by brittain but he looks like the best right back in the world next to Costello,that boy is useless and what about Buckley?
    He has been woeful this season
    I had massive hopes for him this season and been ultimately let down.
    I am not sure what the answer is this season but I sure as hell know it will take more than 3 players to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well that was tough,having to almost shrug at a defeat and here we are back to where we started.
    3rd time running in the league we were treated to some absolute dire stuff first half and better stuff second half.
    Hedges should of started in my opinion and his introduction showed more in terms of going forward apart from that,what did we offer?
    Wharton looked steady when he came on but beyond that?
    Injuries didn't help thats for sure.
    I haven't been blown away by brittain but he looks like the best right back in the world next to Costello,that boy is useless and what about Buckley?
    He has been woeful this season
    I had massive hopes for him this season and been ultimately let down.
    I am not sure what the answer is this season but I sure as hell know it will take more than 3 players to fix.
    I just think we need to be patient. A new manager who's new singing are bedding in will definately need more than 6 games. This was always going to be a mixed season. Give it time. Let the injuries settle. Let the dist settle. This is a new system. Some players will kick on. Some will disappoint. I felt this season was massive for Buckley.i still say he isnt being used correctly in deep midfield. He was effective last season much higher up the pitch. I'd drop this 3 forwards plan. We ate losing the battle in midfield before anything else. Get this Morton in and just play 2 up front. When Gally doesnt play we miss him. No wonder JRC was exposed on Sat

Yep spot on.
    Not sure if JDT likes 3 up front or preferred bedding the players in with what they are used to,if it's the later then it's time to stop.
    Would rather win 1-0 than Try and put on a show(not that it's working if he is)few days to put together a squad capable of life in the championship.
    Do I think we will go down? No
    Should this current squad be going down? Absolutely not
    Couple more defeats on the spin and it will creep in,despite how early in the season it is.
    Few days to go in the window but this current squad should be capable of finishing about 10th.
    Few more signings of quality at this level and instantly your expectations rise.
    In an ideal world another forward minded midfielder to take the slack off of hedges as we have seen what happens when he isn't playing and a forward who knows where the net is,would be nice.
    Right back to challenge brittain and a left back to pressure Pickering.
    Not asking for much am I 🤣

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)