+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT/ Back to the Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    It makes me happy that someone understands me. I still torture myself by attending but I start to get PMT (Pre Match Tension) hours before kick off. By the time I get to the ground I'm feeling nauseous, and cannot understand when looking around the crowd before the players come out that there are people laughing and smiling and are looking forward with anticipation to the game. I sit there almost dreading it and if we take the lead in the first half I have to stop myself leaving the ground at 1-0 as I cannot bear it when the opposition score and I can see and hear their fans singing and jumping around. I always leave on 90 minutes no matter how much extra time is being allowed and then find myself listening for the tell-tale sound of away fans cheering. Fu*k knows what a psychiatrist would make of me.
    Probably say that you're quite normal!

Are any of us here ‘normal’? How many years have we spent supporting West Bromwich Albion?

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    It makes me happy that someone understands me. I still torture myself by attending but I start to get PMT (Pre Match Tension) hours before kick off. By the time I get to the ground I'm feeling nauseous, and cannot understand when looking around the crowd before the players come out that there are people laughing and smiling and are looking forward with anticipation to the game. I sit there almost dreading it and if we take the lead in the first half I have to stop myself leaving the ground at 1-0 as I cannot bear it when the opposition score and I can see and hear their fans singing and jumping around. I always leave on 90 minutes no matter how much extra time is being allowed and then find myself listening for the tell-tale sound of away fans cheering. Fu*k knows what a psychiatrist would make of me.
    I do exactly the same when I attend the odd game, I have to leave early especially if we’re winning.

As for your last sentence Joy, I can help explain this possibly.

My expert described it to me as being known as “emotional overload”.

In basic terms, due to the many stresses of life in general, in simple terns, you run out of emotional “bandwidth” and thus have to turn away and avoid what’s happening at that time.

It’s very likely that it’s your general life pattern and experiences that have magnified this.

I’m the same with England cricket and it’s the reason I stopped watching England football years ago, misplaced passes in games drive me mad.

It is worth seeking some help Joy, it hasn’t helped me with football but it has in a lot of other ways.

Artemis1 due to take off this Bank Holiday Monday.

I hope I live longer enough to see us reach Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

They've only had 50 years to prepare for this. Of course it won't

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Called off due to engine failure according to the annoying news notification thing on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Called off due to engine failure according to the annoying news notification thing on my phone.
    Green Flag have been called.

If you believed they put a man on the Moon

Quote Originally Posted by wba1955 View Post
    if you believed they put a man on the moon

rem

Giving it another go today......
    Saturday's attempt to despatch the Space Launch System (SLS) rocket has been scheduled for the start of a two-hour window that begins at 14:17 local time (19:17 BST; 18:17 GMT).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)