+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT/ Back to the Moon.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

OT/ Back to the Moon.

It has been a while, 1972 I think last time we headed for the Moon.
    A little bit of good news in these times....

Name:  k7WHCZUiaH5j3b35yyqWyE-1200-80.jpg
Views: 523
Size:  95.0 KB

I love all the space stuff.

There’s one certainty though, we’ll destroy whatever other distant body we visit.

I’ll bet that the first person to be murdered on the Moon or Mars and the perpetrator have already been born.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I love all the space stuff.

There’s one certainty though, we’ll destroy whatever other distant body we visit.

I’ll bet that the first person to be murdered on the Moon or Mars and the perpetrator have already been born.
    Can't see it happening Mick.
    I can see it as a future clearing station for future space tourists visiting planet Earth. Perfect location.
    Couldn't be better situated. If you were to plan it you couldn't put the Moon in a better orbit.for transiting visits...

As Al Murray the Pub Landlord said Its no achievement being first on the moon when no one else was trying to get there. As for the British we were not interested in going to the moon as there would be no one there to give it back to when we were finished with it. As for me, I found the whole space thing totally boring. Never watched the moon landing while it was happening and could not care less if there is other life out in space or not. Could not care less if Aliens land on earth. I ain't interested. I don't know the names of neighbours in my road other than the people one side of next door and that is after living 35 years in the same house so I ain't going out of my way to get to know foreigners from millions of miles away.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    As Al Murray the Pub Landlord said Its no achievement being first on the moon when no one else was trying to get there. As for the British we were not interested in going to the moon as there would be no one there to give it back to when we were finished with it. As for me, I found the whole space thing totally boring. Never watched the moon landing while it was happening and could not care less if there is other life out in space or not. Could not care less if Aliens land on earth. I ain't interested. I don't know the names of neighbours in my road other than the people one side of next door and that is after living 35 years in the same house so I ain't going out of my way to get to know foreigners from millions of miles away.
    What lead you to choosing “Joy” as part of your online persona?

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    What lead you to choosing “Joy” as part of your online persona?
    I too was wondering the very same question....

Yep the earth his only ten thousand years old and God made it

Listen to the band of the same name. That is me. Lead singer hangs himself. Dark miserable lyrics, haunting music. Sums me up. Glass always half empty, always expect Albion to lose no matter who they play. The second they go a goal down I fold up into the foetal position and mope until the missus tells me to cut it out people are dying of cancer etc and you want to end it all over a game of football. Can't help it. Spent the whole of the 1968 Cup run with my eyes shut whenever the opposition attacked and only looked up when I heard the reaction of the crowd. I never saw one opposition goal in that run, just the Albion goals. We won the cup so in my stupid mind it was all worthwhile. I would willingly go the the match pay £30.00 and go straight home if it ensured the Albion would win. Bloody insane I know but I actually know a couple of mates who feel the same and they are Wulf and Vile fans.

Listen to the band of the same name. That is me. Lead singer hangs himself. Dark miserable lyrics, haunting music. Sums me up. Glass always half empty, always expect Albion to lose no matter who they play. The second they go a goal down I fold up into the foetal position and mope until the missus tells me to cut it out people are dying of cancer etc and you want to end it all over a game of football. Can't help it. Spent the whole of the 1968 Cup run with my eyes shut whenever the opposition attacked and only looked up when I heard the reaction of the crowd. I never saw one opposition goal in that run, just the Albion goals. We won the cup so in my stupid mind it was all worthwhile. I would willingly go the the match pay £30.00 and go straight home if it ensured the Albion would win. Bloody insane I know but I actually know a couple of mates who feel the same and they are Wulf and Vile fans.
    I’m exactly the same Joy.

Unable to watch us anymore, it started a few seasons ago and became part of the anxiety and depression issues I’ve had to have help with this year.

Ridiculous that I’d travel for hours to get to an Albion match for 45 years and now I can’t even watch them live or on TV as the constant anxiety ruins it for me.

I know exactly how you feel mate.

It makes me happy that someone understands me. I still torture myself by attending but I start to get PMT (Pre Match Tension) hours before kick off. By the time I get to the ground I'm feeling nauseous, and cannot understand when looking around the crowd before the players come out that there are people laughing and smiling and are looking forward with anticipation to the game. I sit there almost dreading it and if we take the lead in the first half I have to stop myself leaving the ground at 1-0 as I cannot bear it when the opposition score and I can see and hear their fans singing and jumping around. I always leave on 90 minutes no matter how much extra time is being allowed and then find myself listening for the tell-tale sound of away fans cheering. Fu*k knows what a psychiatrist would make of me.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)