+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Football

Scottish Football

is well and truly f*cked, more so than I have ever thought in the past. We are crap but Celtic and it pains me to say the Rangers tribute act are so far ahead of the rest that it is a mockery of a sporting challenge. The both of them reaping millions from the Champions League can only make it worse. Sure some team this season will fluke a win against them and maybe a cup will go elsewhere but there will be twenty points plus between them and the rest. It is pathetic. I wish they would f*ck off to play in England, an Atlantic League, anywhere but here and let the rest of Scottish Football become competitive at no doubt a lesser level but this can't go on. So again f*ck off and we will have the added bonus of not having to be subjected to the sectarian bile from both sets of moronic, subhuman excuses for supporters. Rant over!!!

👍👍👍

Funny we managed to be competitive last season against them in some of the games (1-1 away and home and 0-1 away with last min goal), Celtic side today is pretty much the same as last season

We just drew with the same team three months ago and our side on paper was arguably stronger today minus the keeper

twa cheeks o the same erse

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    is well and truly f*cked, more so than I have ever thought in the past. We are crap but Celtic and it pains me to say the Rangers tribute act are so far ahead of the rest that it is a mockery of a sporting challenge. The both of them reaping millions from the Champions League can only make it worse. Sure some team this season will fluke a win against them and maybe a cup will go elsewhere but there will be twenty points plus between them and the rest. It is pathetic. I wish they would f*ck off to play in England, an Atlantic League, anywhere but here and let the rest of Scottish Football become competitive at no doubt a lesser level but this can't go on. So again f*ck off and we will have the added bonus of not having to be subjected to the sectarian bile from both sets of moronic, subhuman excuses for supporters. Rant over!!!
    that or start splitting the gate money like they do wi cup matches

cannae be JR no way

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Funny we managed to be competitive last season against them in some of the games (1-1 away and home and 0-1 away with last min goal), Celtic side today is pretty much the same as last season

We just drew with the same team three months ago and our side on paper was arguably stronger today minus the keeper
    As I said in the OP teams will get results against them on an odd occasion and last season it was us that did best against them but overall it is a drop in the ocean. They are now dominating more than they ever did. They dominated greatly in the early part of last century but post WW2 Scottish football must have been great to watch with so many teams outwith the Old Firm doing well such as the great Hibs and Hearts teams, Motherwell and ok admit it Dundee, Killie as well! The Old Firm took a grip again until Aberdeen and ourselves broke the stranglehold in the 80s but it is farcicle that only they have won our top division for darn near 40 years. For a long time it was the gates situation that was in there advantage bringing in funds, still is, but now with the Euro cash and the way they can manipulate the SPFL to there will following Aberdeen's shameful cosying up to them to keep the ludicrous voting arrangement when there was a chance to break their hold, means they have powered on so far ahead that we will never catch up. It is truly depressing.

whilst I respect much of the sentiment of the OT, yesterday and more recent efforts have been shameful, even the likes of the Faroe Islands and San Marino can coach themselves into being a cohesive tough to beat unit against top international nations. They must have scored the same goal about 4 times and nothing was done about it.

I agree with what you are saying RE: get them out of Scottish football. My fear is that they would still have their B teams playing who would probably work their way through the leagues and we end up where we are now.

As I said in the OP teams will get results against them on an odd occasion and last season it was us that did best against them but overall it is a drop in the ocean. They are now dominating more than they ever did. They dominated greatly in the early part of last century but post WW2 Scottish football must have been great to watch with so many teams outwith the Old Firm doing well such as the great Hibs and Hearts teams, Motherwell and ok admit it Dundee, Killie as well! The Old Firm took a grip again until Aberdeen and ourselves broke the stranglehold in the 80s but it is farcicle that only they have won our top division for darn near 40 years. For a long time it was the gates situation that was in there advantage bringing in funds, still is, but now with the Euro cash and the way they can manipulate the SPFL to there will following Aberdeen's shameful cosying up to them to keep the ludicrous voting arrangement when there was a chance to break their hold, means they have powered on so far ahead that we will never catch up. It is truly depressing.
    It’s depressing but it’s the same in quite a lot of leagues:

PSG - will win the league 9 seasons out of 10 (should really be 10 out of 10 and most likely will)
    Bayern - will win league 9 seasons out of 10 (going for 11 in a row)
    Juve/inter/Milan - will win 10 out of 10 (Juve won 9 in a row)
    Madrid/Barca/Atletico - will win 10 out of 10 (Atleti winning 2 titles in last 8 years is almost miraculous)
    Benfica/Porto - will win 9 out of 10 (sporting winning was miraculous)
    PSV/ Ajax - will win 9 out of 10 (feyenoord was a miracle too)

It’s not just Scotland that has suffered from money ruining the game.

Follow the Brazilian league if you want a league that can be won by 4 or 5 different teams each year.plus there’s about 20 derby games! Braw!

Or the NFL….salary cap and draft system means teams don’t dominate for long (patriots was a complete perfect storm)

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    whilst I respect much of the sentiment of the OT, yesterday and more recent efforts have been shameful, even the likes of the Faroe Islands and San Marino can coach themselves into being a cohesive tough to beat unit against top international nations. They must have scored the same goal about 4 times and nothing was done about it.
    I agree about our performance yesterday which was indeed shameful but I reckoned we would lose by a fair few before the game. Your point about Faroes etc. is valid but they are never going to win anything and that unfortunately is what I feel about our League; there are 10 teams in it whose total ambition, for obvious reasons, is to finish third. Yes there will be an odd shock result. Celtic and Rangers will lose the odd game each season to clubs other than themselves but imo, granted, I would rather see a league without them that maybe 6 or 7 teams could aspire to win and we would not have to suffer their insufferable support; a great bonus, also imo. As for the cups, assuming the odd shock and hoping thst they meet in an early round another team will win a cup, look at St Johnstone recently. But the league set up is truly knackered for the foreseeable future. And, by the way, if anyone hasn't gathered it already, I f*ckin' hate the Old Firm with a true vengeance!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)