+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: JR Feck off time.

Blimey, that could be it for Ross’s management carreer , what a disaster for him and us.

Right… next…onwards and upwards.

Now on the official!

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    Stokie, I have nothing but respect for supporters who have been there through thick and thin. I was a season tix holder with 5 seats for many years.

What I am saying is the United support make it too easy for players and managers to sit in positions and show way too low ambitions (thats almost always been the case).

Any strong team with real ambitions would have punted him after Alkmaar, but too many supporters are way too nice.
    I don't know if the supporters are too nice but we have never had that ingrained expectation to win like the OF hordes. At this moment in time I am finding it hard to be fair to anyone at the club. I couldn't get to the game on Sunday (work/family commitments and distance and money). I watched the game in a pub with Celtic fans and had to get out of there when one of their Rangers mates started to make sympathetic noises about United. What it must have felt like for the supporters who attended the game, I can't even begin to imagine.

It's wasn't great. 😭

Very disappointed to hear of Ross's sacking. He's only been in the job 10 weeks! I appreciate we have had several humilating, embarrassing defeats, but Ross should have been given time up to the World Cup in November to sort things out. There is a break then while the World Cup is on; if the poor results had continued, then the break would have given an opportunity to bring in another manager.
    Also, if, as many have said that "the players downed tools", are they going to be held to account for bringing the club into disrepute? As players/employees of United they should at all times be doing their best to earn their wages.

Of course but it's the head coach's responsibility to motivate them and get them playing.

Players cost him his job. Man was just in the door. What a f.cking.mess.

Can you not motivate yourself? Have some self-respect? Don't allow the opposition to walk all over you?

Pressing up the pitch was the only strategy then running back to defend, geezo didnae tak a mastermind to work oot how take get roond that yin,. AZ were laughing when they worked oot we were a one horse trick,. Get back to effin basic fitba defend wioot huvin Tae run 150 yairds first,. Rant over,.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)