+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Lincoln match thoughts

Barnsley v Lincoln match thoughts

I could be wrong here but the last time I remember Lincoln City visiting Oakwell was in the league cup 1st round second leg league cup tie in 1979 .

Certain selection rules surround this competition so Duff will have to box clever with his selections with you know who to play on Saturday .

That said and I might be in the minority here but I think we should give this competition a good go because it's a cup competition we can win and there's always the day out at Wembley .

Happy memories of this competition in 2016 and it was a real friend to us in the second half of the season and instrumental in us getting in to the play offs and winning promotion .

It could be a friend again .

That final at Wembley must be up there amongst the most friendly and enjoyable football events the stadium has hosted, because of the Oxford and Barnsley fans.

Would be ruined if one or both the teams in the final were Premiership U21 sides.

A remember Lincoln laikin here when Bassett wo manager. Think we'd signed a big defender from them (Austin?) and he broke his leg early doors and never laiked for us after that.

As for the game, I think we should be looking to win this competition. Success breeds success.

And thats one of the main reasons fans are so against it now, because of the change in format and allowing Prem 'youth' teams in.
    That means its not the Associate Members cup now, which is what it started as.

Anybody know how much winners get paid?could docwi all Yorkshire sides getting through,fowls in semi,or Sony would be good gates,deffo fowls probably be 2 full houses that one at 30 quid a head.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Anybody know how much winners get paid?could docwi all Yorkshire sides getting through,fowls in semi,or Sony would be good gates,deffo fowls probably be 2 full houses that one at 30 quid a head.
    Sony is donny.

Panasonic is Peterboro 🤔

Before my time as a reds fan, din't we beat Lincoln in the Lg cup in the late 70s, on away goals or pens ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Before my time as a reds fan, din't we beat Lincoln in the Lg cup in the late 70s, on away goals or pens ?.
    August 11th 2009 won 1-0 away , League Cup ,

Bang & Olufsen is Brondby

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast