+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dubravka

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Sorry I'm repeating an earlier post. But I cannot understand a player going to swap one bench for another.
    Guaranteed game time (Europa / FA / Carabao)? Longer contract + higher wages?

I think it's a compliment to Nick Pope if he thinks he's got more chance of displacing David de Gea

If he doesn't want to be here we're better off with Darlow who does imo

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Sorry I'm repeating an earlier post. But I cannot understand a player going to swap one bench for another.
    Neither can I, unless moneys involved, and his agent warned us about this. Anyway, fingers crossed Pope stays fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Guaranteed game time (Europa / FA / Carabao)? Longer contract + higher wages?

I think it's a compliment to Nick Pope if he thinks he's got more chance of displacing David de Gea

If he doesn't want to be here we're better off with Darlow who does imo
    Darrow’s another Steve Harper, happy to be out of the firing line, but picking up his wages for cup matches etc, who can blame him?

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Darrow’s another Steve Harper, happy to be out of the firing line, but picking up his wages for cup matches etc, who can blame him?
    The gap is closer to Given/Harper than Dubravka/Darlow IMO.

What will happen if the Mancs turn down the offer to buy after the loan, Will he come back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    The gap is closer to Given/Harper than Dubravka/Darlow IMO.

What will happen if the Mancs turn down the offer to buy after the loan, Will he come back ?
    Steve Harper was often first choice for Sir Bob over Given.

I often think, because Given was an international first choice Harper was unfairly under rated by many.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Steve Harper was often first choice for Sir Bob over Given.

I often think, because Given was an international first choice Harper was unfairly under rated by many.
    Both Given and Harper were class.

Pope is excellent. Dubz, happy for him to go and get better wages.

He has done us proud.

Controversial opinion in this forum perhaps - but for a lot of players, the opportunity to go to Man Utd is simply too big to miss due to their (relatively) recent history, being one of the greatest sides in the world and, for many people of Dubs' generation, one of the main reason they fell in love with the Premier League.

It's for the same reason I can't stand them though

Hope he likes the bench.

Despite De Gea's howlers 10Hog must be seeing something we're not to consider Dubs on a good day is better than De Gea on a bad day.

TBH, I didn't think there was much between Dubs and Pope but the difference couldn't be more stark.

We are playing a dangerous game relying on Darlow as the backup plan. So we should hold Man U to the same 10m they wanted for Lingard so we can get a replacement

Complete madness and the first real thing I would honestly be critical of the club for since the takeover.

Pope could get injured in tonight’s match, for the season, then (if there is no recall clause) we’re stuck with a big gap in quality bringing Darlow or Gillespie in.

Henderson will be back at Man Utd next summer, there is no reported obligation to buy.

Even if we charged 10M for a loan fee (I haven’t seen any claim as to the fee reported though?) and we made up the 2.2 per league place finish if we end up with Darlow in for a spell of the season, where we finish at the end of the season will play a big part in attracting players next summer… they won’t care we should have finished higher but we let out No 2 keeper go out on loan, they’ll see the league position and work out how far from Europe that is, and that’ll be that.

Hope we tell Dub’s he’s got a contract, he needs to suck it up and fight for his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Hope we tell Dub’s he’s got a contract, he needs to suck it up and fight for his place.
    Think it's too late for that. 10Hog is talking like it's a done deal.

Could send Ronaldo the other way

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)