+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrexham steaming [Match Streaming]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    They don't allow clubs to screen live matches in any other League, (pandemic aside), if they DID give Rectum the green light to do so it would be grossly unfair. If Man U or any other top Prem club were allowed to do it they would make literally billions p/w with the worldwide fanbase that they have, rather than the few quid that Sky, etc throw their way. That's why one day, there'll be a Super League with clubs owning their own TV rights, cos there's real big, humongous, money involved
    Agreed. Reynolds making out he was speaking up for the whole league( and tagging all the clubs in) seemed pretty disingenuous to me.

Still pretty weird to see a Hollywood superstar tweeting about National League television rights!

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    Yeah I've been watching it, quite enjoying it tbh.
    I'm sure it's pretty entertaining, but I can't be doing with the whole 'underdog' narrative. They are by far the richest club the National League has ever seen, at least in terms of the money they've pumped in.

It won't happen, as it would cause pandemoneum in all leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    It won't happen, as it would cause pandemoneum in all leagues
    But they already allow it in the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'm sure it's pretty entertaining, but I can't be doing with the whole 'underdog' narrative. They are by far the richest club the National League has ever seen, at least in terms of the money they've pumped in.
    The underdog story is about them being in the National League and their aim to go up the pyramid.

I think the league should stand up to him and say no.

As has been said, it would cause huge problems.

He isn't above the league.

Wrexham Press Conference – Racecourse Ground

Hollywood star Ryan Reynolds has criticised the National League for its “truly baffling” failure to consider allowing clubs to stream live matches domestically and internationally.

Reynolds, the co-owner of Wrexham along with fellow actor Rob McElhenney, had hoped to capitalise on the club’s current Disney+ documentary by making games available to a global audience.

But according to Reynolds and Wrexham, National League officials have neglected to pursue a plan to open talks with BT, who currently own the rights to the competition in the UK, about potential streaming.

Reynolds wrote to his 20 million Twitter followers: “After months of maximum effort, the decision (through inaction of the @Vanarama National League) to not allow domestic/international streaming of matches of Wrexham and the other clubs in the league is truly baffling.

“Depriving every team in our league the chance to expand the fanbase while adding to league revenue benefits everyone. This is a spotlight and a chance and we ask the @TheVanaramaNL to take it.”

Wrexham, who said they had first raised the issue of streaming in April 2021, added in a club statement: “On August 23, 2022, the club asked that the board of the National League approve an approach to BT, to secure consent for Wrexham to stream the now sold-out game against Gateshead.

“Unbelievably, the request hasn’t even been considered by the board of the National League yet, never mind a decision made.

“The club feels let down and can only assure fans, both new and old, that we have done everything we could to provide the opportunity to watch the game live, both in the UK and overseas.

“We will continue to push, to ensure that all clubs can stream games, not just Wrexham AFC.”

The National League was contacted for comment.

But they already allow it in the EFL.
    Genuine question, do you know how they distribute the money raised from it?

Is it unfair that our owners have a in depth source of data to assess players? I doubt Dorking have anywhere near the level of detail we get.

Wrexham owners want to grow their clubs fanbase just like any other club does, and why shouldn't they?
    Yeah but only they have a documentary you can watch on worldwide streaming services, that's the problem. Why weren't they banging on about it last season when they thought they'd just plow money in and go up, now they've realised it's not as easy as that they don't want to pay for it anymore.

Agreed. However some people think the underdog statement is made, on the face of it they sound like they're the underdog at their level when they're not.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast