+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- I’ll say it as no one else on NCM can be arsed.

O/T:- I’ll say it as no one else on NCM can be arsed.

RIP your Majesty - you served us well.

God Save the King
    Last edited by SwalePie; 20-09-2022 at 01:41 AM. Reason: Fixed off topic prefix

I've been watching it all day mainly as my wife wanted to. I thought the Queen was a good monarch though and I like William, he seems a good person.

I can see why people don't agree with the Royal Family as a concept which is their right. I do enjoy the pomp and ceremony but not all the commentary of which some is very nauseating.

RIP your Majesty.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I've been watching it all day mainly as my wife wanted to. I thought the Queen was a good monarch though and I like William, he seems a good person.

I can see why people don't agree with the Royal Family as a concept which is their right. I do enjoy the pomp and ceremony but not all the commentary of which some is very nauseating.

RIP your Majesty.
    I watched some of it on the news. Some commentator type said that the audience was an est 4 Billion, Jeez, that's more than half the world.

R.I.P. Your Majesty 🇬🇧 Elizabeth the Great 🇬🇧

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I watched some of it on the news. Some commentator type said that the audience was an est 4 Billion, Jeez, that's more than half the world.
    Surprisingly, to me anyway, is that it was being streamed live in Indonesia, a country that has no colonial roots (apart from a brief period when Raffles was there). To many she was simple The Queen. RIP. Long Live the King.

To the OP - much was covered in the thread https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38295264 but the usual anti-establishment crowd came out. I can't be arsed arguing with them again. If they don't get what the world's great get then that's their problem.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 19-09-2022 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Surprisingly, to me anyway, is that it was being streamed live in Indonesia, a country that has no colonial roots (apart from a brief period when Raffles was there). To many she was simple The Queen. RIP. Long Live the King.

To the OP - much was covered in the thread https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38295264 but the usual anti-establishment crowd came out. I can't be arsed arguing with them again. If they don't get what the world's great get then that's their problem.
    Yep, agree she will be sadly missed and was a credit to the country, and the commonwealth, it was a great spectacle today which makes you proud to be British … your other point is worth echoing too, just come back earlier today from working abroad and I don’t think some realise the global impact this event has had, so much wall to wall media coverage abroad from countries that have hardly any links to the UK, with locals constantly wanting to talk and reflect on it with myself.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Yep, agree she will be sadly missed and was a credit to the country, and the commonwealth, it was a great spectacle today which makes you proud to be British … your other point is worth echoing too, just come back earlier today from working abroad and I don’t think some realise the global impact this event has had, so much wall to wall media coverage abroad from countries that have hardly any links to the UK, with locals constantly wanting to talk and reflect on it with myself.
    Had calls with folk from the states, Spain, Germany and France last week and they all wanted to talk about was the queen passing, and whether I was going to London today.

I can understand those not wanting to participate. I can understand those who feel aggrieved by the UK’s history and feel the monarchy is to blame for that, no matter how long ago that was.

But 70 years service in any field is extraordinary, RIP mam.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post

I don’t see it as having a problem, more that we all think differently.

I don’t doubt it was headline news around the world, and I genuinely hope everyone got what they wanted from today, but it’s not for me. I observed the minute’s silence at Meadow Lane out of respect for the service she’s given, and out of respect for the people who it meant a lot to. I’m happy for everyone to be allowed to do whatever they want, even if they are poles apart.

Avoided all the nonsense, thankfully all over for the time being.

The UK can apparently put on a show burying dead, rich people but unfortunately can’t feed and keep warm a growing number of its citizens. Priorities, priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I don’t see it as having a problem, more that we all think differently.

I don’t doubt it was headline news around the world, and I genuinely hope everyone got what they wanted from today, but it’s not for me. I observed the minute’s silence at Meadow Lane out of respect for the service she’s given, and out of respect for the people who it meant a lot to. I’m happy for everyone to be allowed to do whatever they want, even if they are poles apart.
    And I think that’s fair comment.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast