+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: JR gone. Next manager

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Well, he didn't appoint Malkay Mackay for those very reasons.
    That’s true. Can’t argue with that.
    Possibly the repercussions of that appointment didn’t give him much option.
    Still don’t think generally the opinions of the fans are high on his agenda.

Think we don't need to rush things and should stick with LF as caretaker for now

Three away games since the 9-0 and it's definitely stabilised for now, I think we should just wait and see how the games in October go before rushing into what could be a disaster appointment again like Ross was

Its clear that the players are playing better without a manager so please please please Tony lets just do without one and keep the status quo.We still have to pay JR so at least there is no further spending on another head coach who would be away in a few months as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its clear that the players are playing better without a manager so please please please Tony lets just do without one and keep the status quo.We still have to pay JR so at least there is no further spending on another head coach who would be away in a few months as per usual.
    Agree mate......as long as he stops playing Watt.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    One season with a huge budget doing a Gretna doesn't leap out, honestly the guy comes across as clueless on his commentary.
    We'd be signing him as a Manager/Head Coach tho, not as a commentator.
    Out GOAT manager was, well, how would you say, awkward behind a mic.

I'm not advocating KT btw, I've got long covid when it comes to managers & I don't really want anyone, I've been let down & heartbroken too many times.

Maybe a fan group or the Foundation in conjunction with the Club could run a weekly competition where a fan got chosen to be the Manager of the Week. Wouldn't do any worse.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    We'd be signing him as a Manager/Head Coach tho, not as a commentator.
    Out GOAT manager was, well, how would you say, awkward behind a mic.

I'm not advocating KT btw, I've got long covid when it comes to managers & I don't really want anyone, I've been let down & heartbroken too many times.

Maybe a fan group or the Foundation in conjunction with the Club could run a weekly competition where a fan got chosen to be the Manager of the Week. Wouldn't do any worse.
    Fans are obsessed with formations. Your long Covid would become 'death by' if that happened. 😜😉

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Agree mate......as long as he stops playing Watt.
    As much as I dislike Watt, that was some back heel he played in the lead up to the goal yesterday. Sublime stuff.

I actually thought he played quite well up top on his own yesterday. Didn't have the pace for it though.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I actually thought he played quite well up top on his own yesterday. Didn't have the pace for it though.
    Nope, certainly not against them where we are relying on counter attacks and punts up the park for him to run on to. He was just 10 yards too slow.

He held the ball quite well to give the others opportunity to join. But, in the instances you describe, yes, hopeless.

Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)