+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - Sunderland v The Millers

MillersMad Matchthread - Sunderland v The Millers

It was a strange decision that cost us a goal thus the Championship there last season. With only a minute or two to go the ball was crossed towards their forrud, int olden days the linesman would have put his flag up but the new rule is that they're not offside until there's an attempt to play the ball. He was going to play the ball but another part of the rule is that if a defender touches the ball then the forrud is back on side even if they're still offside.
    Anyhow this bloke called Icky did the right thing and tried to clear the ball because he was unsure whether the forrud was off and planted the ball into the top corner of his own goal giving Vickers or Victor no chance.

It would have been the cherry on a well iced season in all honesty! It was a great season that saw us acheive on two fronts and gave us a true insight into Warney.

This season, so far has great optomism that we can survive and can build on what we acheived last season.

It was interesting to hear Wood say that the change of personel has taken away some of the memories from our relegation the last couple of times we've been in this league. It's another step forward in the learning and constant change brought to the team by our management team!

Enjoy the match boys and girls.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

Sadly a close defeat is my guess tonight

Go with strong players. Wood can't Start. But what do I know!

I'm more hopeful than confident for the next 3 games..I do hope I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Interesting question that...

If we are still unbeaten come 5pm Saturday I'll be a happy man.

Mowbray takes charge for his first game but will he tinker and get it wrong. Will he get a positive response from his players? Will they be deflated at Neil leaving?

0-1 Millers

Gru,you`re making this way too easy.

Morning Frog'n'all. Looking forward to this one (but I look forward to all of them, of course.) Mrs CT flying back from UK today but the timings good for watching the match on I-follow then shooting off to the airport to pick her up.

If we get anything from this, I will be delighted. Sunderland will be going all out to prove they're more worthy of this league than we are.

Wood can't Start!
    He can, and he is.

Johansson;
    Peltier,
    Wood (C),
    Harding;
    Norton-Cuffy,
    Wiles,
    Rathbone,
    Barlaser,
    Ferguson;
    Ogbene,
    Washington.

SUBS | Vickers, McCart, Odoffin, Lindsay, High, Eaves, Kelly.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast