+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lage

Lage

Ok. I might need a tin hat here.

This man is not the man to carry this team forward.

We have so many talented players, sought after players, players that can set this league alight.

Yet we are still plodding along, hoping for the odd goal now and again.

Unfortunately the odd goal aint happening and it looks like the manager isn't sure how to fix it.

The manager has been criticised before due to his lack of ability on how to change a game.

Sundays game was a massive example, winning one nil at home with little time left.

Bring on a poor Hwang and Podence who loves giving the ball away......

Bruno tells us post match he's happy and tells us what needs to improve.

The fact that he substituted his two big signing players Nunes and Guedes says a lot.

Starting to get a bit bored with Bruno now.
    Last edited by sausagenegg; 31-08-2022 at 08:48 PM.

I go back and forth on Lage. On one hand, I can’t fault him for the players not seemingly being able to hit the broad side of a barn when they shoot. We create chances but it’s kicked right at the keeper or wide. The whole team seems to suffer from this affliction. On the other hand, when the team continually loses 0-1 or a 0-0 draw, a good portion of blame has to fall on the manager. A few matches with lots of chances and no goals is bad luck, consistent matches like that is a trend.

Wolves have a -2 goal difference and only 3 points. Southampton is close to a must win match with Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea following in the four matches after this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    I go back and forth on Lage. On one hand, I can’t fault him for the players not seemingly being able to hit the broad side of a barn when they shoot. We create chances but it’s kicked right at the keeper or wide. The whole team seems to suffer from this affliction. On the other hand, when the team continually loses 0-1 or a 0-0 draw, a good portion of blame has to fall on the manager. A few matches with lots of chances and no goals is bad luck, consistent matches like that is a trend.

Wolves have a -2 goal difference and only 3 points. Southampton is close to a must win match with Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea following in the four matches after this weekend.

Thanks for that

No, you don't need a tin hat mate, this manager's tactics are inept. No he can't kick every ball during the match but it's him that takes the training and sets the game plan out. Negative is an understatement. We more than have a squad now to compete in the upper half of the Premier League but not a manager. He has to change this and win on Saturday or he'll be out. The noise from the fans is already deafening!

How much longer must this nightmare continue ? Wolves supporters are beginning to feel frustration plus and who could blame them ? Clearly, a radical change must be made before we become the 'laughing stock' of the P.L. and the sooner the better. Nuno come back...all is forgiven.

I'm not sure I agree yet, the rot set in with Covid and the sale of Jota and Doherty. This is Lage's first real window where he's had the opportunity to make changes to the squad to suit his style of play. I think he needs to be judged in the next month or so when Guedes and Nunes etc adjust to Premier League football, Nunes admits there's a big difference in pace and aggression.

Although I have to agree that Southampton, given the fixtures that follow, already feels like a must win.

[QUOTE=nortonwolf;40111577]I'm not sure I agree yet, the rot set in with Covid and the sale of Jota and Doherty. This is Lage's first real window where he's had the opportunity to make changes to the squad to suit his style of play. I think he needs to be judged in the next month or so when Guedes and Nunes etc adjust to Premier League football, Nunes admits there's a big difference in pace and aggression.

Although I have to agree that Southampton, given the fixtures that follow, already feels like a must win.[/QUOTE

I have to agree with you on this Norton. Give the man time. We must accept that the standard in the Premier league has gone up a notch this year. Apart from Leicester all the clubs have spent money, Look at the results so far this season. Fulham are doing well, Brighton are doing well, Newcastle are doing well, Arsenal have made a sensational start, while Liverpool are only just starting to click and Manchester City are just on another level.

We have made what on paper, appear to be five excellent signings, they will need time to adjust and fit into the system. From the games I have seen we are playing some very good football and have been unlucky with goal attempts. The crossbar and goal line clearances playing their part in our lack of points. We were unfortunate to catch Bournemouth on the rebound after their recent thumping and departing Manager. It was always going to be a trappy fixture.

We are five games in with two points and I recall that last season after three games we had zero points and won our fourth match against Watford to give us three points.

The Premier League season to coin a phrase ' Is a marathon not a sprint,' Patience gentlemen.

Norton and Abbo, You both make very good points and I admire your patience, however, as you well know, Bruno has been at the helm for the past 12 P.L. matches, a period during which we've failed to win a single game, that's failed as in 'zilch'. Patience, as they say, is a virtue, but this recent dearth of points coupled with Bruno's seeming lack of proper concern or ability to motivate Wolves, has me totally bewildered. If we fail against Southampton, the hounds will be baying for blood...so COYW make us all happy !!!

Grizz, i don't think you can include the last half a dozen games from last season. Despite that bad run we were in eight place, till the final match against Liverpool and it was only in the final few minutes that we slipped to tenth.

We are a different team now. Coady, Boly, Donk, Saiss, have all been replaced and the new lads will prove their worth. Give them time. For some the grass is always greener. Be careful what you wish for.

Tough to evaluate the match today as Jimenez got injured in warmups, Sasa's first match with the club and then had to be subbed at halftime. Guedes looked a bit uncomfortable playing as a false 9, but probably had to play a role that we didn't really prepare him for coming into the match.

Lage waits too long to make subs IMO. Neto looked gassed at 65 minutes due to flying up and down the pitch. Needed to be subbed by the 70th. Waited til around the 80th to bring on Hwang and Traore - who did a good job pressuring the back line of Southampton after the Saints were close to scoring quite a few times between the 65th-80th minutes. Had no outlet and didn't have the energy to press them in possession.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)