+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rotherham United v Watford Saturday KO 3pm

Would have liked Hall back. Play Pelts central in the defence. Norton-Cuffy didn't seem unconvinced playing on the left at Sunderland leave him there with Chioe on the right. Time to bring Vickers back.

Vickers

Harding Pelts McCart

Chioe Rathbone Barlaser Wiles Norton-Cuffy

Washington Kelly

Odoffin if still here 1st change in midfield.

Bit of a defensive crisis with 2 of our best performing defenders out along with a flying wing back.

Wood could maybe do with a rest but I reckon he will play this one.

Out of who is available I'd go with Harding right centre
    Peltier centre
    McCart left centre

If Wood plays then Peltier right centre with Harding missing out.

I think Warne will go with the same back 3 as Wednesday and that will be asking for trouble in my opinion
    Nothing against Harding. He's a grafter but McCart will give that balance on the left and might actually allow Ferguson to play with more confidence and get forward more.

Midfield and forwards will no doubt be the same.

Now the transfer window has closed players subject to speculation might get their heads in the game.

It will be needed as this will be as tough as it gets

PW will already be worrying about the Blades game

So expect another square peg in round holes team selection

Wood shouldn’t be playing this game, no need imo but won’t be surprised if he is
    Just need them on pitch to actually know what the **** they’re doing and read the game

If you can’t pass a few yards in front of you then you’ve got problems
    Not bunching together and give the ball player someone to actually pass to especially when he has more than one defender at him could help
    Just help your team mate out

Getting it out my system beforehand

No I’m still confident we’ll get something
    Last edited by millertop; 02-09-2022 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Weird this board with smileys

Rotherham Cancer Care
    We will be joined at AESSEAL New York Stadium tomorrow by Rotherham Cancer Care, who will be in position in north west corner of AESSEAL New York Stadium tomorrow.

Since 2004, Rotherham Cancer Care Centre has been supporting local people who have cancer or have been affected by cancer. Through one to one assessment we give people time to talk about their fears and concerns and provide complementary therapies and/or counselling to improve quality of life.

They provide a place where people can share feelings and thoughts without guilt or the fear of upsetting anyone. They help people feel more in control and so more confident with what is to come.

Their services are free, and we work with the NHS to proivde professional counselling services and complementary therapies.

Any that needs to access their packages is welcome to call 01709 375729, there is no need for an NHS referral.

If you're affected by cancer help is a phone call away

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...am_cancer_care

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Watford away kits, can choose whichever they feel like on the day

Keeper normally wears green away but could opt for white

Attachment 22498 Attachment 22499
    Grey not white for keeper.

Looks like they’ve gone for the magpie look

Goalkeeper: Grey shirt, grey shorts, grey socks.

Outfield: Black & white shirts, black shorts and black socks.

Met Office currently giving 60% chance of a storm tomorrow afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Bit of a defensive crisis with 2 of our best performing defenders out along with a flying wing back.

Wood could maybe do with a rest but I reckon he will play this one.

Out of who is available I'd go with Harding right centre
    Peltier centre
    McCart left centre

If Wood plays then Peltier right centre with Harding missing out.

I think Warne will go with the same back 3 as Wednesday and that will be asking for trouble in my opinion
    Nothing against Harding. He's a grafter but McCart will give that balance on the left and might actually allow Ferguson to play with more confidence and get forward more.

Midfield and forwards will no doubt be the same.

Now the transfer window has closed players subject to speculation might get their heads in the game.

It will be needed as this will be as tough as it gets

Yes Harding is a grafter, unfortunately, he is not a good footballer.We will be murdered for pace tomorrow,not being pessimistic, just realistic.Watford still a shade over evens.Make hay.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Anyone remember the John Barnes game at Millmoor?
    Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    1981/2/3? Such a long time ago. Didn't one of their players score from a long range kick??? Also didn't Branes get their winner?
    It was January 30th 1982, the last game before we went on the famous winning streak. Ian Bolton scored the other goal that day in Watford's 2-1 win and it was the wind assisted long range effort everyone would like to forget (shown in the video below).

Here's an article about the game and shows the table and where we were languishing before the 9 wins on the trot.

https://oldwatford.com/1982/01/30/30...d-1-watford-2/

Was there 40 years ago all I can remember about that game was a young John Barnes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast