+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How to end the current round of strikes

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    The union has agreed to change, in fact in nearly 40 years working there all we’ve seen is change, the management higher up don’t know how to implement it so are going in all guns blazing, there is a bigger picture to this, it will come out eventually and Royal Mail will be owned by foreign investors,
    Jdfc. I believe there must be more to it. Why is it that foreign ownership is seen as a success. I suppose the unions are bound by confidentiality agreements, in just the way that our fans rep on the DFC board found it impossible to function. People power does work, just look at what Margaret Thatcher achieved on the back of people who no longer believed in unionised Labour. Maybe the tide is turning?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Jdfc. I believe there must be more to it. Why is it that foreign ownership is seen as a success. I suppose the unions are bound by confidentiality agreements, in just the way that our fans rep on the DFC board found it impossible to function. People power does work, just look at what Margaret Thatcher achieved on the back of people who no longer believed in unionised Labour. Maybe the tide is turning?
    The fans rep on the DFC board was never subject to a confidentiality agreement and was never actually privy to any confidential info. He just felt it best to keep certain things that didn't really affect the fans, or that would have been very critical of the owners, to himself.

On reflection maybe he should have been more forthright.

What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    What do you mean?
    Selling council houses, selling the telephones, breaking the power of the unions. I am not saying I agree with her policies but it was achieved with the consent of the public. So successfully that New Labour had to be invented by Blair to recapture a more left of centre majority. Giving up clause 4 was a massive change of policy for Labour. Seems to me there might be a groundswell of opinion that might prefer public ownership of utilities and rail. Only trouble is the risk of going back to unfettered union power.
    Need something that is like responsible capitalism or social democracy.
    Not impressed with one state SNP either.

Selling council houses, selling the telephones, breaking the power of the unions. I am not saying I agree with her policies but it was achieved with the consent of the public. So successfully that New Labour had to be invented by Blair to recapture a more left of centre majority. Giving up clause 4 was a massive change of policy for Labour. Seems to me there might be a groundswell of opinion that might prefer public ownership of utilities and rail. Only trouble is the risk of going back to unfettered union power.
    Need something that is like responsible capitalism or social democracy.
    Not impressed with one state SNP either.
    Tories in a mess, Labour not recovered from Corbyn, SNP corrupt and clueless. God help us.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    They're trying to force emploiyees to work on a Sunday so I can't see them stopping Saturday working.
    Letters will go Monday to Friday packets seven days a week

Ultimately, give the unions what they want, what they really really want and see what happens.

Ultimately, give the unions what they want, what they really really want and see what happens.
    Aye that worked oot well for Greece. The problem isn't so much giving the binmen a 10% pay rise it's giving it to whoever holds a gun to the states head next and the ones after that and the ones after that.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Letters will go Monday to Friday packets seven days a week
    This is to compete with Amazon.
    On Islay Royal Mail have the contract to deliver goods ordered from Amazon.
    The local Islay residents order goods from Amazon on an industrial scale. The posties have to deliver both parcels and mail at the same time which results in mail being delivered as late as 7pm.
    There should be a separate parcel delivery service on Islay but that involves the Royal Mail management using their brains and commonsense so that is never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    Aye that worked oot well for Greece. The problem isn't so much giving the binmen a 10% pay rise it's giving it to whoever holds a gun to the states head next and the ones after that and the ones after that.
    Monthly cost of living payments will solve the problem of Union bosses trying to hold the country to ransome with the monthly cost of living payments not consolidated into workers annual salary.
    Last April OAPS were conned out of a bigger state pension increase because of the government using a ‘double lock’ instead of the ‘triple lock’ rules to calculate the percentage increase in the weekly state pension.
    From memory OAPS received a 3.9% increase instead of 8.3% using the triple lock rules.
    The state pension is taxable so the government would have got some of their increase back in tax paid by OAPS.
    Unfortunately OAPS have no bargaining position when it comes to getting an increase in their State Pension.
    Some of them who look after their grandchildren could ‘down tools’ and refuse to look after them which would mean that parents
    would have to stay at home to look after their children instead of going to work.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)