+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - Dutch F1 Grand Prix 2022

am sure Ma has had a great day, Mercedes screwed Lewis over at the end but not sure he would have stayed ahead anyway

eyebrows raised over the red bull b being sent out when clearly got a major issue forcing a vsc, changed things in maxs favour

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    am sure Ma has had a great day, Mercedes screwed Lewis over at the end but not sure he would have stayed ahead anyway

eyebrows raised over the red bull b being sent out when clearly got a major issue forcing a vsc, changed things in maxs favour
    My thoughts exactly, esp the latter point which might bear a bit of scrutiny later

Yes my eyebrows raised at the sister team creating a VSC just when it was needed.

As for Hamilton, nothing to see here. Russell made the right call and he is the future of the team. Hamilton should be seen for what he is - yesterday's news - he should retire now, before the moaning besmirches his legacy

Two very good days out. 4 races yesterday. All 4 very much influenced by the safety car. One of the races, over 40 laps saw 4 safety cars, a virtual safety car and that saw the time limit activated. Cue another incident and the race was red flagged and stopped with 4 and a half minutes to go. F1? Might Lewis had won had Tsunoda not parked up on the track? It would have been close.

Hamburger was €9.25. Sounds extortionate but they were top quality so no complaints on that score. We had expected the beer to be around €10 for half a litre, €6.25 was the asking price. The "compere" leading proceedings was well over the top. Every half a second where there was no on track action, cue heavy bass 300 bpm "music" and requests to "get your hands in the air" etc. On both days, the sound cut out frequently making it almost bearable. Things to like, things to not like, lots of fun and some good racing. Yet another tick on the bucket list. I'll watch next year's on the telly. You see much more.....

2 very enjoyable days. Another tick on the bucket list. Glad to have experienced an F1 weekend. Back to watching on the telly next year.

Glad you have a good time, i think these sort of things are one offs, but its good to experience them

Agree With, there are a number of events that we all should experience once, even if it is horse racing! For me it was watching a football match at Maracana Stadium. Was a crap game (Filuminese1-0 Gremio) but the noise and sheer size of crowd made it memorable.

So to twist the thread a little - what events have we all seen that fit the bill?

Henley Royal Regatta
    Crufts Dog Show
    International game at both Wembleys
    Watch Derby at both Wembleys
    Rugby Union internationals at Twickers, Cardiff Arms Park and Murrayfield
    F1 at Zandvoort
    Figure of 8 destruction derby at Hednesford Hills Raceway with Mick Burke driving my old Rover 90.

I think that, as with many other things, ‘firsts’ may be more important than the status of venues.
    For me I’ll never forget being taken to my first football match, my first rugby match and my first cricket match. That first glimpse of the crowd and the verdant green of the pitch, as so memorably captured in ‘Fever Pitch’, is something I’ll never forget and something I have been pleased to share with my own children and grandchildren.
    Personally my one trip to a motor sport event never did it for me, but of all the venues I’ve been to Cardiff Arms Park had perhaps the best atmosphere and something the Millennium can’t quite capture.

Do once

Indy 500
    ‘Proper’ rock gig
    Psychobilly gig wrecking pit
    River Styx/acheron upper part
    Twin seater Cessna type plane

Don’t do (or don’t do again if already done)

F1
    Neutral teams rugby international
    Then Jericho gig
    Spring Harvest
    Music festival just for the experience
    Theatre musicals done in an arena

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)